|9|

She was like the moon...

Part of her was always hidden

***

Alpha Jay had to stay focused on the task at hand. He needed to go for a run. He needed to stretch his legs and let his wolf out.

But he had things to do. There was no time for him to run around the woods when so much needed to be done.

He looked down at the moon blessed woman who walked beside him. He had chosen to show Daisy around the pack. Right now, he was taking her to the Clinic to Doctor Schulman. He should have had another pack member showing her around with the amount he had to do. But he couldn't stand the thought of another male walking with her. He could already feel the possessiveness taking over him- even more so since he was of Alpha blood.

He trusted Doctor Schulman though. The man was older and knew his place.

They walked in silence except for the occasional odd question for Daisy.

"What's the population of the pack?" She asked.

"Around 400, but growing close to 500," Alpha Jay said.

Daisy let out a whistle, "Woooowww, this has to be one of the biggest packs I've been to."

Alpha Jay felt his chest swell with pride. He had worked hard to make it so.

"I knew the Alba Rosa pack was one of the best in North America, so I never really traveled here. I figured a pack this big had all the equipment and people they needed to survive," Daisy said.

Alpha Jay nodded, "I assume you went to packs who were without pack doctors?"

Daisy nodded, "I'll sometimes make a pit stop here at bigger packs when I'm requested for emergencies such as these, but other than that, yes, I just slide on over to those small packs that don't get the service they deserve."

Alpha Jay nodded again. He had seen small packs. His friend Mason had one that was growing with only around 100 wolves. However, it was still considered small. Alpha Jay didn't know how he thought of small packs. He knew they were not bad, but on the other hand, most of the time the Alpha's of the packs lacked the leadership that they needed. Sometimes though wolves preferred the small pack feel.

They soon rounded the corner, the clinic getting closer in sight, peeking out from the trees and growth.

A squeal come from Daisy's mouth, making Jay look down in amusement.

"What a place!" Daisy said in excitement, "It better than hot gravy on a biscuit!"

The analogies Daisy spewed forth still confused those around her, but Jay found them oddly cute. It made him wonder where Daisy was from. Or maybe it was just a Daisy thing.

Jay watched as Daisy rushed ahead, opening the doors wide leaving Jay behind in her excitement. He didn't mind though. It was enough that he had made her happy. Trailing behind, Jay opened the door to the clinic, Daisy's excited voice flowing out of Doctor Schulman's office.

"I mean you said it was nice but Doc! This is great! I feel like I've won a race with a lame horse!"

Doctor Schulman laughed at Daisy. He turned to look at Alpha Jay whose figure emerged in the doorway.

"Alpha," he said, bowing his head slightly.

Alpha Jay gave a quick nod, "Good morning Doctor Schulman," his deep voice echoed off the walls of the office.