|44|

drunk on the idea that love, 

and only love, 

can heal our brokenness

***

~DAISY~

The Daisy flower ring that rested upon her hand served as a reminder.

A reminder that there was something wrong with Daisy.

It had been two weeks since Daisy arrived at the new pack.

Helen was in the early stages of pregnancy.

Not even showing yet.

When she first saw Daisy's faded mate mark, her eyes grew clouded over as she reached out for her hand, "I'm sorry for your loss."
Her loss.

Because who in their sane mind would chose to leave their soul.

She didn't' know.

Helen didn't know the truth and Daisy couldn't bring herself to tell it as the days past.

Why though.

She struggled with this new realization that she was... a coward. But the word made her wince and grit her teeth.

Daisy had always been fearless. Fearless and bold.

Not this.

But maybe...And she was just now starting to realize it...maybe she had always been like this.

Then one day.

Helen caught her throwing up, as she wipped away the bile.

"How...If you don't mind me asking Wanderer...but how long ago did your mate pass?"
Daisy's eyebrows knitted in confusion as she looked at Helen. Did she think she was sick from stress and sorrow.

It wasn't until she saw Helen's small, almost noticeable bump of her own that she realized what she meant.

"No....," Daisy whispered the words, a desperate plea to the moon to hear.

It couldn't be true.

But it was.

She was with child also.

"I'm sorry that you must bear this alone Wanderer," Helen said, her sad eyes looking in the pale blue ones.

"I'm not alone."
Daisy blurted out the answer before she could think, but the clawing realization hit her hard and fast.

Daisy stood up from the table then. "My mate is alive. He is waiting for me I...I need to go to him."

It was simple. Simple and obvious. So obvious.

She needed to be with Jay.

Why had she left in the first place.

Tears streamed down her face as she sobbed her sorrow.

Because she was a coward.

Helen's face though was hard and rigid.

"You cannot leave."
Daisy looked down at the female, and felt the power of the moon slowly surface in her.

"I can and will."

She motioned towards the door but was stopped by Helen's sobs as she threw herself at Daisy's feet. "No! No! Wanderer! Please- If you leave I die. My child dies!"

Daisy froze in place at the woman's words.

"You cannot leave."

Always heartbreak.

She was always causing so much sorrow wherever she went.

"I'm sorry...but I need to be with my mate."

The painful truth of the words hit Daisy.

Just as she turned around though, she was stopped by several warriors lining around her, coming in through the door.

The elder Alpha, and his young son, entered through. Ivan kneeled over Helen, whispering soothing words to her in spanish as the elder Alpha stepped forward.

"I'm sorry Wanderer. But you cannot leave. And we will not let you. Helen holds the future Alpha of our pack within her. You are the only one who can help and we won't let you go."

"You can't hold me hostage!"

Daisy's outrage burst through her as the moon burned through her eyes, "How dare you try to contain the power of the moon for yourself!"

The Elder laughed though, "Isn't that what you do though Wanderer?"

Daisy felt the world shrink on her at his words.

"No I..." She couldn't talk though as the truth sunk in, "just let me be with my mate."

Her voice for the first time, sounded small. Unsure.

The elder though laughed again, "You chose to leave him. For some reason or another. Now you live with the consequences."

Daisy felt her world shattering as she looked to the triumphant smile of Helen. Looked to the warriors that stood, arms crossed and glaring down at her.

Felt her world falling, for the second time, apart. 

Until next time,

Until next time,

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////