|24|

Watch me. 

I will go to my sun.

And If I am burned by his fire

I will fly on scorched wings

***

I'm sorry my little moon.

The words rang over and over in Daisy's head as they sat in Stephen's office.

Grace was breathing hard. Daisy pulled out a small packet of herbs that she carried with her and handed some to her.

"Eat this. The stress of the event is not good for the pups."
Grace nodded and chewed on the herbs, making a face at their bitterness.

Daisy watched to make sure Grace swallowed before turning to Jackson, Stephen and surprisingly Doctor Schulman and Jackie.

She didn't know what doc or Jackie were doing here, but she figured their presence related something to do with Jay.

Stephen sighed and put his head down.

Jackson gave him a small pat of reassurance.

"So it's happened again," Jackie said. Daisy glared at the group, tired of being left out.

"If everyone could old on one hot minute. I want to know, what in flipping jumping jacks just happened down there to my mate?"

Stephen glared at Daisy, but she did not back down.

Jackie took control of the situation and sat down, patting the seat next to her for Doctor Schulman to occupy.

"How much has Jay told you of his past."

"Nothing," Daisy said, embarrassment showing in her voice. Her mate had shared almost nothing with her. Then she remembered a few details, "No, wait. I do know that he shifted at eight. He has a brother named Lewis. His mother died when he was 13. And...."

She paused but couldn't think of anything else.

Jackie though nodded.

"I have to tell you. Though Alpha Jay did not want you to know, I have to tell you to explain what just happened."

There was a grim silence within the room as Jackie motioned to everyone, "Everyone in this room knows the bare details, though Jay knows the full extent of it. But I will share what I know with you. I have been a part of this pack the longest." She smiled and continued.

"Jay shifted when he was eight. You are smart Daisy, and have already probably wondered how he was able to shift at such a young age?"

Daisy nodded, eager for Jackie to continue.

"Jay's father...the previous Alpha....he was obsessed with power. And his mate was weak. His mate died of sickness. But she had been sick for a long time." Jackie looked down at her hands, an ancient sadness overcoming her as the memories flooded through.

"Alpha Reynold thought that because of his mates weakness, his pups would also be weak. He focused on Jay because he would eventually become the Alpha. He couldn't wait until he was 17 to shift. He needed to grow his son and make sure he would not be weak like his mother. So he did something he was not supposed to. Something very wrong and cruel to Jay."

Daisy already felt the answer coming as a sickening twist came over her.

"He forced a shift. He took Jay when he was eight and forced him to shift. I do not know how. Only Jay can tell you the cruel details. But the boy could shift by the time he was eight. I remember the fear in the pack when Alpha Reynold showed us how strong his son was- how he was able to shift at only eight years old. We all feared him. We feared the power that Jay had, now that he had his wolf at such a young age."