|16|

And the stars blinked

as they watched her carefully,

jealous of the way she shone

~ATTICUS

***

The phone rang.

"Alpha Jay here."

"Hey Jay!" The voice of Mason greeted Jay's ears.

"Hello Mason," Jay said.

"We'll be there in maybe twenty minutes. Cool?"

"Alright," Jay said.

"See you then!" Mason hung up the phone with a laugh.

Jay dialed a number on his phone, pressing it to his ear, "Alpha," the voice greeted.

"Damion, Alpha Mason and his pack are twenty minutes away."

"Right."

Alpha Jay hung up then. Going downstairs he was greeted with an excited Jackie and the pack warriors who stayed at the pack house.

"When will Alpha Mason be here?" Tom, a warrior who stayed in the pack house, asked excitedly.

"It will be around twenty minutes."

The wolfs chattered excitedly to themselves with the news.

Daisy walked up to Jay, giving him a small kiss. "Morning," she said, grinning at him.

Jay smiled warily at Daisy. It had been a few days since their talk and Daisy wanted to punch herself for it. Just when Jay seemed to be opening up to her, he had quickly shut down. Scared away by the slight pressure she had applied when she opened up.

She knew that Jay would be watching her closely in case she tried to ask Mason or his mate. But Daisy didn't want that. She wanted to hear from Jay himself.

Jay sat at the head of the table with Daisy on his right and Jackson on his left. Jackson also stayed at the pack house and through the past few weeks, Daisy had been amused to see the strange friendship that was between the Alpha and one of his generals.

"Pass the eggs please Jackson," Jay asked, eyeing the huge pile of scramble eyes.

"Oh would you look at that, our Alpha said please for once in his life," Jackson said.

The others sniggered at the table, watching Jackson tease the Alpha without mercy.

Jay gave a rumbling playful growl deep within his chest.

"Eggs," was all he said.

"And now ladies and gentlemen, we have progressed into caveman dialect."

Some burst out laughing. Even Jay could not stop a small smile showing. But Jackson knew when to draw the line. And the others at the table knew that only Jackson could achieve such remarks without his tongue being pulled out.

Twenty some minutes later, a tall figure emerged from the door.

"Hello, hello hello!" Mason cried out.

Some of the pack warriors gasped and leaped forward to greet the Alpha that had just arrived. Closely following behind was his mate Shae and their small son, Charles.

Alpha Jay got up to greet his friend. He extended his hand, looking at Daisy. She smiled as she took his in hers.

They walked forward together. Mason and his mate smiled at the sight. Alpha and Luna greeting their guests.