|13|

She's a tornado with pretty eyes

and a heartbeat

***

Daisy had to remind herself to breath when she saw her mate's back. How did he find the time to train? She could already tell when they held each other, or when she eyed his shirts that he was all muscle. However she had never expected this. It was almost inhuman. And then the pants came off.

The other females giggled and blushed at the sight. Hormones already at a high level from their pregnancies. Daisy let them admire what she had. They knew he was hers.

"Is it just me or did the room suddenly get too hot in here?" one female- Julia, said. She made the motion of fanning herself while the others laughed.

They grew in excitement as they watched Jay walk towards the forest. Suddenly he wasn't Jay anymore.

It took Daisy's breath away. It was one of the most beautiful transformations she had ever seen. The work and practice it must have taken for him to gain such trust and control over his wolf blew her mind. She had seen many amazing shifts. But this was another level. Maybe it was just because he was her mate, but the females excited talk told her otherwise.

His wolf was beautiful. And huge. By far the biggest Alpha wolf she had ever seen. He was no ordinary wolf. The black fur with dark brown underbelly shown in the sun as he ran, a blur now, into the forest. Daisy was glad he was releasing some of the pent up energy that he had. He needed to.

A part of her wanted to go out and join him. Her wolf wanted to run with her male. But she knew better. Even from inside the house she could feel the dominating presence of the wolf when he emerged. She would have to get to know Jay more, and get his wolf to trust her if she wanted to run with him.

"I always loved watching him shift," Grace said, eyes glazed over as she stared at the spot where Jay once was.

Daisy looked sharply at the female. There was something in her tone that caused her to expose her teeth and release a small growl. The females looked at Daisy in surprise. Even Daisy looked astonished.

"I'm sorry Grace I..."

Grace held up her hand with a smile, "no need Daisy, I was out of line."

The other females relaxed as the situation died out without any further conflict.

"That's why he's Alpha after all," another female said- Marcie. Daisy could tell she was trying to change the topic.

"Yes," Julia said, looking sadly at the forest, "I wished the males would treat him better though."

Daisy turned to Julia. "What do you mean by that?"

Grace cleared her throat, casting Julia a look, "you saw how he looked Daisy. As his mate I don't want this to go the wrong way when you hear it but Jay...he distracts the females. It makes the males angry. Some think he exerts his power on purpose just to get them to look at him."

Daisy nodded her head slowly. Female wolves were intoxicated by power. It was in their nature. She remembered the times when she would be drunk off of Jay's dominance and the power that seemed to flow from him.

"He can't help it though," Daisy said, frowning slightly.

"Oh they know that," Ritta, another female, said, "It just hurts them to see their mates look at someone else. You know how males are. We females look at appearance in others to judge. Males look at power. And there is no male that is close to being like Alpha Jay."