|45|

Maybe the wolf is in love with the moon, 

and each month it cries for a love

 it will never touch

***

~DAISY~

Daisy didn't want to grow attached to the growing child within her.

Didn't want to feel the motherly love she already, deep down felt.

Helen was doing well.

She had made it past the first five months, no mishaps in sight.

When it looked like there would be no chance for a miscarriage, Daisy asked once again, if she could leave.

But the laugh of the Elder was the only reply.

She couldn't bring herself to name the child.

Couldn't handle it.

As the weeks went by she slowly though, fell more and more in love.

With every kick, every bump, every early morning sickness and increasing back pain. Her love grew.

And her sorrow.

She cried when none of the pack's eyes were watching her.

Cried that she was doing something so cruel to him.

That she wasn't letting him see their child.

See him grow.

And that she was doing this alone.

She would picture him some nights.

Picture him kissing her, full on the mouth, trailing his lips down her neck, reclaiming his mark and then kissing their child. Holding him close as he felt him move around.

She pictured his smile. His deep laugh.

Everything about him.

Her soul broke and shattered, pieces cutting into her flesh as she felt the first contraction.

"It's happening Jay," she whispered. Helen still had not delivered. The child was late. It worried Daisy but, she couldn't focus on that. He was coming. She needed to give him all her love. All her attention.

She cried in pain. She cried in pure, raw sorrow as she held no one's hand while she screamed their son into the world.

As she looked up at the ceiling of the hospital she was in, a strange foreign place. No one whispered words of encouragement to her. No one wiped the sweat from her brow or the fallen hair from her face as she had done to so many of her patients before.

And no one came to look at their child as she held him.

She didn't know Jay's number. Had never owned a phone of her own, so had no idea how to contact him to tell him.

Tell him that he was a father. 

No more midnight updates (well at least midnight where I'm at) - expect them around this time or at 6 central (I'm not real sure with the whole time zone thing

No more midnight updates (well at least midnight where I'm at) - expect them around this time or at 6 central (I'm not real sure with the whole time zone thing...) 

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed the update, 

Until next time, 

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////