|31|

She had beautiful eyes. 

The kind I guess you could get lost in, 

And I guess I did. 

***

Jay felt Daisy slipping further and further away from him.

He tried everything to keep her near him.

He made love to her as softly as he could, and then some nights he let her know, with such fierceness, that she was his everything.

Yet that wasn't enough.

She danced more frequently now within the moon's light.

Even as the nights grew colder and longer, Daisy stayed out under the moon's glow. She conversed to the figure up in the sky.

One time Jay had asked her what she talked of.

"She tells me about the sun, and I tell her about you."

Jay thought it a strange coincidence that the moon and sun were deemed lovers. Always chasing the other. It reflected back to him and Daisy.

When he told Daisy of his thoughts she reflected and laugh at him, "You're smarter than a human-panda hybrid, hot stuff."

Jay laughed at the quirky analogy. His Daisy. Every laugh now was filled with a tinge of sorrow. Every smile held some unspoken word between them.

"The moon glows using the suns light," Daisy said, "I think it's beautiful that the sun never asks for anything in return."

Jay held her closer each night as they spoke in soft whispers.

Grace was back home, after being in the clinic for two weeks. She was safe and with John, their relationship growing as they took care of their two new-born. The pack was over joyed at the sight of their former beta and the twins, along with Grace alive and well.

The first few days had led to many visits from families, who came to thank Daisy and Alpha Jay. Many hugged and cried over Daisy, grateful for the lives she had saved in her time here.

Jay smiled as he watched his pack love on his mate.

He loved her. He loved her so much.

As Grace grew better, Jay felt the restless soul within Daisy emerge. She didn't have any critical problems to take care of here. She didn't have life or death patients like Grace. She was restless. She was full of wanderlust.

Jay pulled her closer to him when he noticed.

He leaned in closer and smelled her, taking in her scent and placing a soft kiss on her mark.

She shivered underneath him as he whispered, "Your skin smells of light. I think you are the moon."

Daisy smiled up at Jay and snuggled closer to him.

"Tell me something nice."
"Something nice?" Jay asked, raising his eyebrows in confusion.

Daisy nodded, "Tell me something that you are sure of."

Jay thought before answering, "I am sure of only two things. That the sun will always descend for the moon to rise. And like the sun I will always fall for you." 

Daisy wrapped her arms around him and allowed him to capture her lips- a prize won from his soft words.

"My love, my moon, my life," he whispered, letting her consume him.

Hope everyone has a great day/night!

Until next time, 

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////