Everyday

Every day I am tested at least once with different colored syringes that get placed in different parts of my body. Most of them get placed on my arms and back where my spine is, usually, those are the most painful.

We don't have clocks in my small room, made entirely out of concrete, but my schedule goes more like this.

1. When we wake up we get a checkup and food.
2. after a while more testing.
3. rest and get another checkup.
4. let us play with cards.
5. More checkups and snacks that consist of vitamin pills and crackers.
6. once a week I get to see some of my friends and we play with each other for a while. It's supposed to be so we don't go crazy like subject 12-33 who kept saying that she saw demons on her walls. I'm pretty sure that the reason for that was also the drugs, but who knows?
7. we get one last checkup and food.
8. rest and sleep.

In the end, I suffer, and my arms are all messed up with cuts, syringe holes, and bruises. I looked at the camera that was in the top corner of my room it started to make a noise which made the lenses grow and shrink.

"Great they must be so bored that there zooming in and out on me," I sighed "Don't y'all have something better to do".

I crisscross my legs and put my right hand on my right cheek. I sighed "I'm so bored too though, and I'm feeling sore". I looked at my hands which were badly bruised.

"Though if I could look at my face it probably would have been worse", I started to rub my arms and legs to try to dull the pain, but every time I did I winced in pain.

I wish I could look at what eight years has done to me and my body

I lay down with my back touching the metal bed. I look up at the ceiling and lift my arm to cover my eyes and I'm left with darkness.

"I'm glad that tomorrow is visiting day", I smile "I get to see my friend subject 17-17 she always finds a way to make us smile", I move my arm slightly and peek at the door "and I'll see subject 13-30 she's only been here for 3 years and knows a lot about the outside world. She even taught us to play go-fish which was fun".

I moved my hand and laid it on top of my stomach. "I also hope that subject 02-31 will come he's been feeling sick lately and has been quarantined for a while, he's usually very shy and has a hard time talking to us, but subject 17-17 has gotten him to lighten up so we're all good friends now".

Then I hear the sound of footsteps. I sit up and the door opens "17-22 it's time for your third checkup," I sighed "Yeah yeah tell me something new", he shakes his head and walks up to me "Why don't you just say 'yes sir' and leave it at that", he releases my chains then ties my wrists with a rope tightly "ouch"! I winced.

"Oh did that hurt", he smiled. I look away and he pulls at the rope taking me to the checkup room. "Why don't you just tell me your real name instead of having me call you sir all the time," he turns the corner "Just be quiet and call me doctor then".

I sit on the metal table and let him check my heartbeat and lungs "Sounds perfect", he says with a smile he then turns to the door "ok I think she's perfect".

I tilt my head and three strange men come into the room. "Who are they"? I ask.

"When you ask a question you must address me with sir or doctor understand"? He starts to stroke my hair.

"You got to be kidding me, but what does he mean by 'she's perfect'...might as well obey for now",

I look at him with pleading eyes and a small smile "Would you please tell me why those strange men are here doctor", he chuckles "Why of course my dearest".

"They are just here to examine you, so please show them the utmost respect and introduce yourself", I frown "Great more perverts", I look up at my doctor "If I do can I have some chocolate later", he smiled at me "why of course".

I give myself a mental high five "Haha sucker getting chocolate here is usually very rare, unless you know your way with words, my friends are going to be so happy when I share some with them tomorrow, can't wait"!

I looked at the strangers "I am subject 17-22, I am female and am 17 years old, have white hair and amethyst eyes", I looked at all of them "My height is 5' 3" and have been here for 8 years, nice to meet you".

They all start examining me then one of them takes out a syringe "Wait? The third checkup doesn't usually involve a blood sample", he puts a hand on my shoulder "I guess they see good promise in you, just do as they want or do you not want that chocolate anymore", I frowned and stuck out my arm.

When the checkup was done I was sent back to my room and the doctor handed me a small thing of chocolate, but before I could take it he said "Wait what do you say", I looked at him and secretly rolled my eyes "thank you sir", he smiled and handed me the chocolate.

Before he left he said, "You've been calmer than normal today...why is that"?

I just shrugged and he mumbled something to himself then closed the door. I hid the chocolate under the metal springs in my bed. "There you go until tomorrow then".