Only a Memory

"Young Master. It's time to wake up," I heard a voice say.

I opened my eyes slowly and lifted myself. I Hissed when the sun's rays hit my eyes and placed my hand on my head when I felt a sharp pain.

"Good morning young master, would you like me to prepare some EarlGray,"

I looked up at Sebastian a little confused and shaken "Se...Sebastian? What...where am I?"

"Your home my lord,"

I clenched my teeth and held my head "Ehh! My head feels like someone's been poking needles into it."

"I expected as much." Sebastian came up to me with a small tea cup.

I grabbed the cup and held it up to my nose, smelling the aroma "Sebastian? This is not Earl Gray."

"That is correct young master. That right there is Feverfew, a medical herd well known for helping with headaches. I put some honey in it to mask the bitter taste."

I took a sip of the tea and found that it was a perfect balance of sweetness and bitterness "It's very good Sebastian." I said taking a couple more sips.

"I'm glad you approved my lord,"

I put the cup down and then looked up at him "Sebastian, what's my schedule for today?"

He gave me a confused look "Pardon my lord."

"My schedule Sebastian, don't play dumb,"

He looked down at the ground still holding that confused look and as if thinking something he met my gaze again "Young Master, is it ok if I ask something of you."

I tilted my head and sighed "You may,"

"What is the last thing you remember?"

I was even more confused "What are you bickering about Sebastian? You mean what happened yesterday?"

"No, My lord I..." He then stopped what he was saying and as if nothing ever happened he gave me his usual smile "Never mind my Lord. It wasn't important. Today I have canceled all activities, I guess you can say that today is a free day."

"Why on earth would you do that?"

"Don't you remember Young Master? You hosted a ball for Elizabeth. You wanted to make up the fact that you haven't spent time with her for a while." He gave a light chuckle "I guess you don't remember having a couple of drinks while there?"

"I...I guess not," I held my head again trying to remember, but my head only seemed to hurt more when I tried.

He gave me a worried look "I will prepare more Feverfew tea. For now please rest."

He gave a little bow before exiting the room "Was it just me or did Sebastian laugh?"

I shook my head "I must have drank a lot not to be able to remember anything," something then fell on the back of my hand and my eyes widened "Why...why am I crying?"

I touched my face with my fingers and noticed that my tears seemed to be falling faster "Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something really important? That I should be remembering something."

Sebastian then comes into the room. I wipe my face quickly and turn to the window. Pretending I was just admiring the scenery.

"Here you go young Master,"

"Sebastian. I want you to leave."

"May I ask why young Master? Is everything ok?" He said in a worried tone.

"Yes! Everything is fine. I just want to be alone." I said a little harshly.

"As you wish young Master."

Sebastian pov:
"It seems my young Master doesn't remember what happened in the facility." I walked straight to the kitchen.

Once there I started cutting vegetables, knowing my young Master would probably get hungry soon. "I wonder if he remembers Sibyl. He didn't even ask of her. Could it be that those Demonic-like hands did something to his memory?" I then started to remember that woman placing her hand on his chest "Could it be that she was the one who did this?" I sighed "I guess it's better this way."

"Mister Sebastian are you ok."

I looked over to see Finny standing there with a worried and nervous look on his face.

"Of course. Why would you think differently?"

"It's just...you seemed to have a distant look on your face. You...you looked a little worried. Is everything alright?"

In the corner of my eye, I see the others listening just around the corner.

I look at Finny "Yes I'm alright. No need to worry." I said reassuringly.

"Well alright then," he said nervously looking down at the ground.

I sighed "Is there anything else you want to say to me?"

"Well...I...actually Yes. I was wondering where Sibyl is."

I froze "That's right. What am I supposed to tell them." I stopped cutting and put the knife down "There's no need to be alarmed. Do you want to know why we took so long to get back home? And why does the young master need to rest for a couple of days?"

He looked at the ground nervously, but then nodded "Well it's because we got into an accident." Finnie's eyes widened, but I continued "Both Sibyl and Master Ciel got hurt, but Sibyl was in even worse condition. So I took them to Dr. Anderson who suggested that she stay with him, but He said that the young master just needed some rest to recover." I sighed "Unfortunately it seemed Master Ciel has lost his memory."

"Oh no. Will he be alright?" Said Finny worryingly

"it's too early to say for sure, but it seems that he only remembers before Sibyl's arrival."

"So he doesn't remember Sibyl!" Both Bard And May-Rin come out of hiding.

I shake my head "It seems that way. So I want you all to pretend that you all don't know Sibyl. It might worsen his condition if we put stress on his shoulders, which also means you three have to be on your best behavior."

"YES SIR!!" They all said in unison.

I went back to preparing breakfast "Like I said before...it's better this way. It's better if my Young Master doesn't remember what happened." My hands froze "Maybe it would have been better if I forgot too."

I sighed "If only I knew what was to come I wouldn't be feeling these strange emotions." I smiled "Yes I believe this feeling is called sadness. Huh Sibyl if only you knew how much you have changed us."

~End~