Where am I?

My eyes fluttered open and I looked up to see a white ceiling. My vision is still a little blurred so I blink quickly and look to my side.

There were some desks, drawers, and closets. All are placed nicely in the big room, with decorations completing the room in perfect harmony.

I tried to stand, but my muscles ached so badly that I didn't get very far. I removed the covers and saw that I was bandaged up, I was very confused, "My doctor never bandaged me up this nicely"?

That's when I realized "Where am I? The last thing I remember is". That's when the memories of my friends, bullets, screams, and blood come flooding back all at once.

My eyes widened and I put a hand to my aching head. I start to panic as questions rush to my head "Where am I? Am I dead? what happened to my friends"? Then a knock on the door startles me.

A boy with fancy clothes and an eyepatch comes barging into the room, behind him is a tall pale man with raven-colored hair and merlot-colored eyes.

I freak out tilt to my side and fall on the floor. Using my arms I stand myself up and lean against the wall as far away from them as possible.

I take in a few deep breaths "Stay away *breath* I'm warning you". That's when I noticed my wound from my side open. I flinch and put my hand to my side not taking my eyes off of them.

The kid pulled up a chair and sat dow. He places a fancy-looking stick to the side and looks at me seriously "It's ok we're not here to hurt you, sit down before you open your stitches some more".

"He doesn't look like a threat, but the man next to him sure does, why is he smiling with his eyes closed? it just wired", I make my way toward the bed "Either way I don't know if I have the strength to fight I'm just going to have to keep my guard up".

That's when a vision from the past flashed "he was the one I ran towards". My eyes widened "You were the kid I saw".

He smiled "That's right the one you were running towards".

"I got to say you sure gave us a surprise when we saw you, didn't she young master"? said the tall man.

"Whether or not she did, I think it's time we introduced ourselves". He stands and lowers his head slightly "My name is Ciel Phantomhive I am the earl of this estate", he gestured to the tall man "And this is Sebastian Michaelis, my butler". I tilted my head "What weird names".

The tall man named Sebastian moved forward "It's a pleasure to meet you".

Ciel sat on the corner of the bed making me a little uncomfortable "I guess you can say we are the ones who saved your life, so would you please tell us who you are".

I nodded " "I am subject 17-22, female, am 17 years old, have white hair and amethyst eyes my height is 5' 3" Nice to meet you", I introduced myself exactly like I would do in the lab, it was a habit and didn't think any weirdly of it until I saw Ciels confused face.

I tilted my head "Did I do something wrong, please forgive me if I did", I said concerned.

He tilted his head and looked at Sebastian not knowing what to tell me. The butler nodded his head as if understanding what he wanted him to do and cleared his throat.

"Milady you did nothing wrong it's just...17-22 is not a name", now I was confused "It is not... then what is it"?

"17-22 is a set of numbers, not a name", I was just more confused "What makes a name than"?

That caught him by surprise. He put a hand to his chin and started to think "Hum that is a good question", he looked towards Ciel "Young master got any ideas".

Ciel looked a little nervous "Um yeah of course I know the difference" " He stayed quiet for a second then spoke, "A name uhh consists of letters not numbers...yeah that's it".

"But can't you write a number with letters"? I said Sebastian started to chuckle.

"Well I ahh...guess you can, but that's still not a name", he started to think again "Oh I know! A name is a word that doesn't mean anything it is just used to refer to someone, and it doesn't require numbers".

His butler smiled "Bravo young master". Ciel stood up tall and proud, I started to think "But if a name can't mean anything why does yours mean sky in French"? "I read a French and Spanish dictionary once".

Sebastian covered his mouth and gave a slight turn trying to hide the fact that he was laughing. Ciel turned to Sebastian giving him an angry look, then turned to me "Fine 17-22 is just not a common name used here, don't you have another name"?

I started to think "Oh wait! Now I remember one of my friends told me she used to have a different name before, but sadly I don't have another one", I looked down at the floor remembering my dear friends.

I put my hand towards my head but didn't feel my hat. I jumped up surprised and panicked "Oh no! Where's my hat? I had it I'm sure I did"! I looked at them "When you found me did you see me with a blue hat"? I looked at them in concern which was then stopped by a dizziness.

"I stood up too fast", I started seeing spots and my feet felt wobbly, but before I could fall Sebastian was at my side picking me up gently and putting me on the bed "How did he do that so fast"?

"Milady please be careful, you were badly wounded and you need your rest", "I know he was right, but my hat is the only thing I had left of them".

Ciel stood up "I'm quite surprised that you survived injuries like that, any normal person would have died on the spot", he looked at Sebastian "Yes I was really surprised that your end didn't come it was quite impressive for someone seemingly feeble".

"Yeah I guess I should be glad, but I". Before I could finish my train of thought Sebastian spoke, "As for your hat, once you were shot you fell to the ground and it landed next to you". He put a hand in his coat "You were clenching to it so tightly I thought as much that it was important, but it was very bloody and dirty I just had to clean it for you".

He handed it to me. It was still nice and soft, there was no damage to the hat, which made me happy. I looked at the butler and Ciel "Thank you", was all I could say because my tears were daring to come out. I didn't want them to get mad at me, crying was a sign of disrespect and weakness, so I held them in.

"I got to say it is a very interesting hat, I could see that the person who made it had good craftsmanship, and the idea of the cat ears is quite original, adding a sort of cuteness", Sebastian put a hand to his chin and smiled "It's blue-colored and black marks also add a sort of mysterious side to the user, but I could see that this hat was made for you, seeing that it complements your white hair perfectly, and making your eyes big and rounded like that of a scared kitten".

I was just confused, but put on the hat. Sebastian's cheeks started to blush "Ah yes I was right", he whispered. I tilted my head which made him blush more.

Ciel sighs "Don't mind him, he has this disgusting thing with cats that's just beyond me", he says "We should go now, you need your rest, supper will be ready shortly, and Sebastian will come back to change your bandages", Sebastian fallowed "I'll make sure I prepare something nutrient-rich, to give you energy and help you heal quickly", he bowed, but before they could leave I said, "thank you...this means a lot to me".

They smiled and left. I didn't know what to think of it all and I was simply too tired. When my head touched the pillow I was fast asleep.