Chapter 1: The Magnolia Tree

At the guild hall after Natsu, Happy, and Lucy finished a job together Natsu decided to step up. He wanted to ask Lucy a life changing question. He was so excited.

"Hey Luce,"said Natsu.

"Yes."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Can you meet me at the Magnolia Tree at six?"

"What for?"

"It's a surprise."

Natsu and Lucy went back to their houses and they were getting ready. Lucy was trying to figure out what to wear. She had a bunch of dresses in her closet but she thought that she wouldn't need it. She looked in her drawers and she found a cute blue t-shirt and a short black skirt and she put it on. Then she put on some flats. Then she summoned Cancer and she asked him to do her hair. She had a bun. Then she decided to walk to the tree since it was already 5:30.

Natsu was still at his house getting ready. He was wearing a white sweater with black pants and black shoes. And of course his white scarf. Happy reminded him to bring everything he needed the picnic blanket the food. Natsu was about to head out.

"Are you sure you have everything?"

"Yep...wait I forgot something."

Natsu ran to the back of his house and he opened the drawer that he had the tiny box in. Then he went back out. Happy was carried the food while Natsu held the box.

"Why must I carry almost everything."

"Because I got to keep this thing clean. This small thing cost me five thousand jewel."

"Fine."

It was 5:50 and Natsu and Happy just got out of the house. They were running all across Magnolia. Then it became 6:00 and Natsu wasn't there yet. Lucy was waiting patiently. Natsu came five minutes later. He set up the picnic and kept the box in his pocket. Happy left.

"So you just wanted to have a picnic with me."

"Yeah...okay."

"Why didn't you invite the others."

"I thought that it would be better with just the both of us."

They began eating. After five minutes he was ready.

"Hey...Lucy."

Natsu took the box out of his pocket.

So what do you think the question is. And why was he so excited to tell her. And what would Lucy say. It's a mystery.