Chapter 3: Natsu's Question

Natsu walked home very slowly. He opened the door and Happy was washing the dishes. He saw that Natsu looked sad.

"Don't worry Natsu there is a lot more fish in the sea."

"No it's not like that you idiot."

"Then what happened."

"While I was getting ready Lucy got distracted because Levy called her saying that she lost her arm."

"Well they are best friends and what, she lost her arm."

"Yeah she said that a shark bit it off."

Happy continued to wash the dishes. Natsu went to his room to cry some more. Then he got a phone call from Lucy.

"Hey Luce what's up."

"Sorry that I just ran off like that during our picnic."

"Oh it's alright. Maybe we can do it another day. When are you available."

"Well the only time I would be available this week is tomorrow. It can be at seven. Is that okay"

"That's perfect."

"Okay bye."

"Bye."

Natsu was really excited for tomorrow. He ran out of his room and told Happy about it.

"Great. But don't screw it up."

"Pff, I won't."

Since it was 9:00 Natsu and Happy went to sleep.

The next day

Natsu woke up and had breakfast with Happy. He sat down on the table and his phone buzzed. He checked it. He got a text from Erza.

Erza: See you at seven

Natsu: What do you mean

Erza: Um....wrong person

Natsu: ...

Then he went to the guild hall. He was confused about what Erza text him. He went in and he saw Erza. She had her back turned. He went up to her.

"Hey Erza."

She turned to Natsu and she looked upset.

"I had a strawberry cake on the table I left it there for one minute and someone took it. It has to be you."

"It wasn't me."

Gray jumped into the conversation. He saw that Erza took her sword out but Natsu was too busy daydreaming.

"You better run for your life,"Gray said.

"What do you mean."

Then Natsu saw that Erza had her sword out and in front of his face. He screamed like a little girl and he ran as fast as he could. While Erza was chasing Natsu Gray was laughing.

A few hours later

It was 6:45 and this time he was going to be early. By the time he was at the tree it was 7:00 sharp. He waited five minutes and she was here. The thing is that she brought a few friends. Erza, Wendy, Gray, Levy, Juvia, and Makarov. Natsu didn't like that she brought people. He whispered into Lucy's ear.

"Why did you bring them."

"I thought that it would be more fun if people were here."

Natsu set up a picnic like yesterday and everyone ate. They really enjoyed the food. Natsu was happy about that since he spend three hours on it.

It has been an hour since they have been here and he really wanted to tell her but they were all here. Natsu did it anyway.

"Lucy."

"Yes."

While Lucy was looking at him he got the box, went on his knees, and opened the box.

"Lucy, will you marry me?"