Chapter Two ~

I took a sip out of the porcelain cup. It was cold in my fingers but the tea was warm and burned my throat as it slid down. Chef Kim looked at me, a grin in his eyes but his mouth pursed in a straight line. "Perfect," I said and he bowed before returning the kitchen.

Hoseok crossed his legs as he sat beside me. "You can take a cup, you know?" He shook his head. "Maybe later, Your Highness."

I shrugged. The dining room was quiet. "Hoseok?"

My servant perked up and looked at me. "Yes?"

"What's my schedule for today?"

He took a deep breath, preparing himself to recite today's schedule that he somehow memorized every day. "Well, I was supposed to wake you up at 10AM. After that, breakfast is at 10:15. At 10:45 you go to Professor Kim and Professor Min for your daily studies until noon. Then you take up lunch. At 12:30 you go to the tailor and get your new dresses fitted."

I sat my cup down, empty. The tea leaves at the bottom were scattered and I thought about getting a psychic. I shook the thought away. Psychics only bring bad news. "Is that all?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

I stood up. "I'm going to the study."

Hoseok followed my actions. "Do you need anything at the moment?"

I walked towards the door that was slightly open. "Tell Chef Kim that I appreciate his work."

"As you wish," Hoseok smiled and bowed.

***

I heard a knock at the study's door. The sun had risen a few hours ago. I closed the book I held and sat it down on the desk. "Who is it?"

"Taehyung, Your Highness," the voice answered.

"Come in," I said and a blonde haired boy poked his head in.

"Would you like to get ready?" he asked, bowing.

I stood up and walked past him. "Yes, please."

***

The poor table was smothered in papers. Most of them had my signature on them, some of them were waiting for one. I scanned the letters that were patient to be marked by the queen instead of listening to my teachers.

"An orphanage needs funding for a new plumbing system."

"A man has been put in shackles for disobeying the queen's law. He is waiting to be tried. We would like your assistance in figuring out is punishment."

"The gallows would do nicely," I murmured.

"Are you even listening?"

I looked up to see Professor Kim across the table with his arms crossed. "My God, how can you run a kingdom if you don't even listen to a simple math lecture?"

I scowled. "What time is it?"

"11:15, Your Highness."

Professor Min ran a hand through his black hair. "Perhaps we should talk about the issues that are happening right now."

"Yes," I answered before his colleague could retaliate.

Professor Min handed me a letter. "The Prince of Desdemona would like you to visit him in a few days."

I scoffed. "That jerk can wait."

"Your Highness, I think you should go," Professor Kim said.

"It's probably just a face-to-face invitation to his ball or something." I rolled my eyes. "I could care less."

Professor Min's eyes brightened. "Your Highness, you haven't been to a ball in ages!"

"Plus, this would let you make a first impression with other kingdoms," Professor Kim noted, agreeing to the idea.

I looked at each of them, a frown etched onto my face. "Fine." I looked at the letter and skimmed over it. Sure enough, Blaine's signature was at the bottom with a small note. "Can't wait to see you there, darling."

My brows knitted together. "Just for you guys."

"Great!" Professor Kim smiled. "Now we can get along to the military strategies."

---