Chapter Thirteen ~

"Butler Park, Chef Kim, and Professor Min will be left in charge of the palace," I announced as everyone milled about in the dining room. "The rest will be coming with me to Desdemona."

Taehyung yawned, stretching his arms. "Is there any specific materials you would like me to bring? For any dress you want me to whip up while we're there."

"They'll have all that," I replied. "You know Blaine – he makes sure I'm taken care of."

"It's a shame he's sworn off to someone else," Professor Kim sighed. "You two would make a great couple."

Everyone burst out laughing but my eyes widened, my face growing a bright shade of red. I quickly straightened up, remaining calm. "I'm not looking for love."

Jeon walked into the dining room, toting a bag behind him. "You three know where everything is right? All the swords and such?"

Professor Min nodded. "I doubt we'll have to use anything."

Hoseok opened his pocket watch. "Your Highness, we should be leaving right about now."

"I already got everything loaded for you," Butler Park grinned.

I nodded. "Then we'll be off if you guys are ready."

We all got everything together and then four of us piled into the black carriage with Namjoon getting on the front to direct the horses. I looked out the window to see the rest of my servants waving bye from the door. I thought I saw Butler Park crying but maybe that was just my imagination.

"So are you going to dance the night away, your Majesty?" Jeon smirked.

I frowned. "You know very well I don't dance."

"I can teach you," Taehyung giggled. "I once taught Jin-hyung but he forgot it all by morning."

Hoseok sighed. "I remember that night. That was when we went to that Opium den, right?"

Taehyung nodded. "That was a good night."

Jeon scoffed. "For you guys. I wasn't allowed in."

Hoseok snickered. "Of course. You were too young."

And then the rest of the day was the three bantering and reminiscing. I ignored them and proceeded to think to myself.

***

"Ah, look who showed up," Blaine smiled as I walked into his palace.

With my hands folded in front of me, I walked past him. "Where will I be staying?"

Blaine shrugged. "Wherever you want. You know I'll get you whatever."

"I would like a needle and thread to sew your lips shut," I sneered.

Blaine dismissed the remark, as always. "Been friends since we were in diapers but someone grew up too soon. I know you're still a kid on the inside. Don't hide it." He grabbed my guard's shoulder, making Jeon tense up. "Don't lie, but she does, doesn't she?"

"Jeon, don't say anything that will get you in trouble," I muttered.

Jeon shrugged. "You'll just have to find out yourself."

"Oh I will," Blaine giggled. He then came to my side, calming down a bit. "You're staying on the third floor with my family. It's a nice room and I prepared a good place for your servants."

"Thank you," I said plainly.

"My pleasure," he answered. "You know, most kingdoms think Desdemona's prince is an energetic jerk."

"They're right."

"Well, in some cases. But your kingdom is someone mine can trust."

"It's not your kingdom," I snipped. "You're just a prince."

Again, Blaine dodged the remark. "I mean, you're the only one that knows my real name."

"Oh yes, Jackson," I grinned. "Can't forget it."

"Hey, there's something I need to discuss with you sometime before the ball," Blaine whispered, his voice low.

"We can talk here," I said. "My servants know better than to snitch."

"Well, I heard a rumor from my parents," he started. "Something about another kingdom wanting to attack yours. I don't remember which one but my parents were thinking about sending you home with more protection."

"That's nice of them," I noted. "But I don't need it."

"Are you sure?" Blaine asked.

"Positive," I responded. "I'll tell you if I need them, but I doubt I ever will. Aaliyah has never lost a war."

Blaine frowned. "Yeah, and don't think I don't know how."

"You, along with my servants have been sworn to secrecy," I hissed. "If you tell, I will not hesitate to fight back."

Blaine exhaled sharply. "I wouldn't tell." He crossed his arms. "Eve, why did you do that to them?"

"They agreed to it," I answered. "They wanted their reputation changed. I made it so. They owe me their life, so they'll serve me for life."

Blaine sighed. "If only I wasn't sworn off to my mom's best friend's daughter. I'd be chasing after you a lot more."

"And Jeon would put a blade through your eye."

"Aren't you sweet!"

---