Chapter Eighteen ~

The air was cool and crisp, nipping at my cheeks. My dress was warm enough and protected me from the chill. The birds were chirping, and the trees swayed in the steady wind. I was standing on the stone stairs of the palace of Desdemona, getting ready to leave and return home to my own kingdom.

"Namjoon could've gotten my carriage," I murmured to the male standing beside me.

Blaine shrugged. "And why would I make him do more work than needed? You have a long way home, darling. I know better than to let you have your way."

You rolled my eyes. "Well, I would like to tell you that I enjoyed my stay here."

Blaine grinned. "Of course, Eve. You can stay anytime."

"You're quite the party host," I smirked, looking over at him.

Blaine snickered. "I learned from the best."

I knew he was implying his father, for he was quite the partier. Back in his prime, he was known for inviting kings and queens from so many kingdoms. Some you had never heard of. But that's why the kingdom of Desdemona was so popular and loved. It's rulers were generous and friendly. But I can't be that way. If one is too nice, they'll invite company that's toxic to them and not even realize it. I couldn't let my parents down like that.

"If we're bidding our goodbyes," Blaine muttered, "then I guess I'll express how much I've enjoyed your presence these few days."

"Oh? Are you sure you're just saying this because Baek made you jealous?" I giggled. The mentioned had left earlier than anyone else, having important business back home.

Blaine looked at me before pushing me lightly. The sounds of his chuckles resembled that of bells in spring.

"Ah, ah, ah," I chided. "Careful, Blaine. My guard sometimes doesn't know the difference between play and war."

I heard Jeon clear his throat beside me and Blaine looked at him, an intimidating look in his eyes. "Killing a prince is a sin."

"Hurting a queen is an even bigger one," I argued. "The wage is death, Blaine. I advise you to be careful."

"Careful, schmareful," he sighed. "Whatever fun comes out of being careful?" He looked down at me. "You wouldn't know of course. All you do is sit pretty in that castle of yours."

The silence following his remark made room for the tension that erupted between the two of us. I pulled a stray lock of hair behind my hair, not daring to utter a single word.

"I seem to have spoken crossly," Blaine stated after a few long seconds. "I hope you forgive me."

"You know I can't put the crown at risk," I hissed. "Any wrong move and my parent's legacy will be gone."

"I understand." Blaine ran a hand through his hair before his eyes lit up. I followed his gaze to see my carriage rolling down the rocky soil towards the stairs. "There's your carriage, Eve."

I stood a little straighter. "I guess, I'll be leaving then."

Blaine nodded. "It's been fun, Eve. I hope we can do this again sometime."

"Of course," I replied, beginning to walk towards the black carriage that was pulling up. It's driver was dressed in a light blue, one of the colors that represented Desdemona. "I apparently have nothing better to do."

Blaine frowned. "I'm sorry, Eve," he sighed. "I didn't mean to say that."

I looked back over my shoulder, giving him a light smile. "I'm only kidding, Blaine." I turned and walked up to the carriage where it was stopped. The driver stepped off and bowed towards me before going off to fetch another carriage. Namjoon replaced him, and the others followed my actions.

"Have safe travels, Eve," Blaine cooed, taking my hand.

"I will," I responded.

He brought my hand to his lips and kissed the back before stepping back. "I'll see you again, sometime, love."

I nodded, a bit taken aback. "Yes, uh, sometime."

The ride home was quiet and I mentally prepared myself for the work I would have to get started on back at home. Hopefully the three that were left in the castle kept it secure and clean.

"Your Highness, are you tired?" a voice whispered beside me.

I nodded and I heard Taehyung chuckle. "My shoulder's free, if you need it."

I yawned and let my head rest on him before drifting off to sleep for the rest of the way back home.

---

Thank you guys so much for all the love you have been giving this story. I will try to write the chapters with a better confidence and more enthusiasm.

 I will try to write the chapters with a better confidence and more enthusiasm