Chapter Twelve ~

Plot twist ahead~

***it's a good one, i promise you don't shoot me***

---

I observed Butler Park as he wiped down a shelf. It shook a bit and I noticed a vase shimmying over to the edge and when it fell, Jimin caught it without even batting an eye. He sat it back down after he wiped it down and then he stretched, yawning a bit. "Hoseok, what time is it?"

Hoseok took out his pocket watch and popped it open. "It's almost one, Jimin."

Butler Park sighed before muttered a few things to himself as he counted something on his fingers. "Oh, today's the first Thursday of the month, right?"

"I believe so," Hoseok replied.

Butler Park turned to me. "Your Highness, isn't it time for the Dark Room to be cleaned?"

I looked at him. "I'll go look around then I'll decide if it's ready to be wiped down again."

The butler nodded. "Yes, your Highness." He bowed before scurrying off somewhere else. I stood up. I opened a drawer on the desk and snatched a rusted key from it. "Come on, Hoseok," I called behind me as I walked out of the study.

I walked through the long halls with Hoseok trailing behind me. The paintings on the walls were grand and done by the best painters around. Some of them were sad and others were happy. I never really liked any of them.

After several minutes, I came to a black door. It had a different lock on it than the other doors and it made everyone wonder what was behind that door. But no one was supposed to know. Of course, there's always exceptions.

I stuck the key in the lock and turned it before pushing the door open. I flickered the light on and I heard Hoseok step back a bit. "Your Highness, am I allowed to follow or-"

"You may," was all I said in response as I walked into the room that had books laying around everywhere and weird symbols drawn on various things. A red substance stuck to the ground and a table near the wall and glass flasks were stained with unknown substances. "You know what my father's book looks like, right?"

Hoseok said he did.

"Help me find it," I commanded gently. I went over to a book shelf and began looking at all the journals and notebooks that sat on it. Hoseok moved over to a table by the door and picked up a few. "Don't look through them, Hoseok," I murmured, almost playfully.

Hoseok nodded. "Of course, your Highness. May I ask a question?"

"You may ask," I replied. "Doesn't mean I will answer." I sighed when I found nothing that resembled my father's book. I began to take down a stack of books in the corner of the room.

"How did your family come about practicing black magic?" he asked.

I hummed a bit. "I don't know myself."

"Oh, this is it, isn't it?" he asked, holding up a black leather book with red writing on the front.

I observed it before nodding. I walked over and grabbed it before looking around. "Do I need anything else?"

"Some sort of spell to ward off Prince Blaine?" he said, jokingly.

I smirked. "I bet I could come up with something. I like him too much to do that, though." I gestured for him to come out and once we both exited the Dark Room, I shut it, locking it once more. I handed the key to him before walking away. "Give that to Butler Park and tell him that it's okay to be cleaned up. As for me, I'll be back in the study."

***

"There's something that makes Aaliyah what it is," my father chuckled as he scribbled something down on a paper. He sat down his quill and held it up for me to see. It was a circle, but a star was in the middle along with weird symbols. "There's a reason why we don't lose wars. Eve, you know what that is, right?"

I nodded. "We can't die."

My father sighed. "No, we can. But my servants can't. There's consequences to having this spell upon you. Yes, it keeps you from perishing, but your past is forgotten about. I don't know how, but everyone just seems to forget who you were. You still remember and the person who put the spell on you does, but no one else does." He crumpled up the paper and leaned back. "If I put this spell over us, people would forget that we were royalty. And we wouldn't want that to happen, right?"

I shook my head. "But Father."

"Yes, Eve?"

"Is there any possible way for the spell to be relieved?"

My father nodded. "Yes. If the person who put the spell on you dies, then the spell is relieved. But not everyone here has it, so there'll still be people around after your mother and I die. Like the maids, cooks, and butlers. They'll all still be around."

---

that was a little much i'm sorry.

Me: *reading something*

Me: "Who do you ship your characters with?"

Me: ...

Me: Well Eve is hopeless so no one

*namjoon is such a cutie hehe where can i get one*