Chapter Nine ~

I tore a petal that floated towards me in half and sighed. I sunk farther down into my bath and closed my eyes. The water was slowly getting colder and I heard something fall in my bedroom.

"Sorry, Your Majesty." Butler Park's voice rang through the small crack in the bathroom door. I heard shuffling around and another male's voice was heard.

"How long has she been in the bath?" Hoseok asked.

"As long as I've been in here," Butler Park answered.

"That's almost an hour," Hoseok gasped.

"Do you think she's dead?"

"I sure hope not." Footsteps were heard and a knock sounded on the door. "Your Highness? Are you okay?"

"Yes," I replied stiffly. I didn't want to be bothered at this time. I was still upset over the day's events.

"Okay," Hoseok timidly responded. "I'll be in here if you need anything."

I heard his footsteps walk away from the door and then Jimin's whispers entered into my hearing.

"I hope Jin will fix something great tonight," the butler said. "Evangeline... I feel so bad for what she had to go through today."

"I know," Hoseok agreed. "She's been so depressed lately. When we first came she was more uppity - just a tiny bit because she's always been kind of strict – and she seemed to smile more."

"I hope she's okay." I heard a sneeze and Hoseok muttered a "bless you" before Jimin continued. "I know we're probably just peasants in her eyes, but honestly, I couldn't thank her enough for what she's done."

I sat up slightly and tuned in more to the conversation. I don't need you guys to be sorry for me. I don't need your pity.

"If I was her, I wouldn't have let us stayed," Hoseok brought up. "We should be rotting in jail."

"Yeah, we should." Several footsteps were heard and the sound of a door opening echoed into the bathroom. "Maybe we should get together and do something for her."

"That's a good idea! It would be great to see her smile!"

A few chuckles were heard but Jimin bid his good byes and that he had more rooms to clean. Hoseok told him that he would see him later at dinner and to tell the others about a meeting.

"Your Highness," Hoseok called. "Do you need help or anything?"

"I'm getting out now," I answered, raising up and stepping out of the porcelain tub. My feet settled down on the cold tiles and looked at the mirror. What were they going to plan? Why would they want to plan something? Especially for someone like me. How could they feel sympathy for someone who makes them do endless chores and doesn't let them rest no matter what? I shook my head.

"Hoseok, how much longer will it be until dinner?"

I heard something pop and I recognized it as the gold pocket watch Hoseok always carried around. "About half an hour."

"Go make sure Chef Kim is getting it ready," I commanded.

"Yes, Your Highness."

***

I studied the intricate designs painted onto the tea cup in front of me. The baby blue and blush pink flowers pictured on it were small and detailed. I looked at all the flowers, painted tightly together on thin vines. They clung close together like a mother over her child. I made a small noise of wonder. These were mom's favorite.

"Your Highness?" I heard a small voice squeak.

I looked up, my eyes meeting Butler Park's. I looked at the other boys, all chatting away, smiles on their faces. Why wasn't Jimin included? "Hm?" I hummed.

"You know how all the other kings and queen invite you to their balls and dances?" Jimin asked, some sort of emotion flickering in his eyes like a small candle. I couldn't pin point what the emotion was, though.

"Mhm."

"Well, what if you invite them to something?" Jimin suggested. "And yours could be more fun!"

"What?" Taehyung asked, his head snapping towards Jimin.

Jimin smiled. "Do you think it would be a good idea if Queen Evangeline held a ball? But instead of being boring like all the others, what if it was fun and happy?"

"Like people actually have a good time?" Jeon added, joining the conversation. The butler nodded vigorously.

"What if it was so grand that people from all over asked you to host their parties?" Taehyung pondered, aiming his question at me more than Jimin.

"I really don't-"

"You could get your name cleared of everything bad," Namjoon piped up.

"Ah, and what if you invited everyone in Aaliyah?" Yoongi sat his fork and knife down on his plate. He quickly wiped his mouth off and looked at me. "It could grant you a better status."

"I'm don't want-"

But they kept interrupting me with ideas for the grandest ball ever held. Suggestions were tossed around here and there. Somewhere in the middle of it all Hoseok decided that inviting kings and queens I didn't even know would be a great idea. But I didn't think so. I didn't want a party. I didn't want any of this. I just wanted to be alone, in my castle, with my servants there to keep me company if I felt like talking.

"That's enough!" I hissed, getting up from the table. My chair made screeching noises as it was pushed back, silencing all the mouths from uttering a single word. I didn't bother to tell them that I was going to go sulk in my pity. I just walked out, hearing someone sneer, "This is your fault, Jimin" behind me.

---

Merry Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate! May it be merry and bright~!

Unedited