Chapter Twenty Two ~

Marina was of great help. She tested out several different herbs that could cure me or at least alleviate my pain. She was brought in the morning at seven and left at eight at night. During the day, a dear friend of hers would keep her shop so it wouldn't be abandoned and susceptible to robbers.

"You'll be spending a lot of time in here," Butler Park said as she entered my room. He was taking her on a tour of the palace and showing her the areas she would need to be familiar with. Marina looked at the room once before turning. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I haven't been allowed in," she stuttered, not daring to glance at my quarters.

I grinned. "Marina, my servants only take guests to where they are allowed. Don't be afraid to enter."

"But you're the Queen," she gasped. "I... I am a mere peasant girl. I should not be allowed in here, let alone in your presence."

"I am a mere peasant boy," Butler Park interjected. "Your argument is invalid, I'm afraid."

The boys showed her around and taught her the ropes of being a Queen's servant. "It's a lot busier than this, though," Hoseok had whispered. "She's too sick to scream at us."

Once she understood that she was welcome in my room, she would sit in there with me and make sure I was feeling okay. Hoseok stayed as well and Namjoon was still sitting in the front room.

"Where do the others go?" Marina asked. I had told her that it was okay to talk and ask questions after seeing her inquisitive eyes searching around everywhere.

"Butler Park cleans up and Taehyung, my tailor, normally stays in the dressing room and works on my dresses. I normally have fittings, but I am not well enough to get in and out of dresses," I answered. "Chef Kim works on preparing the dinners and afternoon snacks and he also takes care of the outside work. Professor Min is in the study and is reading over Professor Kim's work and is seeing how urgent my mail is. And lastly, Jeon tries to get as much sleep as he can, but he usually stays up and patrols around to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary."

Marina nodded. "Do your servants have any other jobs?"

"Their main job is to protect and serve their queen," I stated and noticed Hoseok nodding as he sat across the room. "Hoseok here is my personal servant. He is to follow me where ever and carry out my needs by telling the others what to do. If Chef Kim isn't around, he is to be my taste tester and make sure there is no poison in my food if someone else serves it.

"Professor Min and Kim are over my studies. I am not fully informed in many areas and they are to help and advise me where I need it. They also help with military strategies, which rarely happens, and affairs with the public. Professor Kim is also my coach and messenger.

"Butler Park is a butler, of course. But he is next in line after Hoseok and Jeon. If Hoseok becomes unwell, Butler Park is to be in his place. If Jeon becomes unwell, Butler Park is to be in his place as well. Though every servant should be ready to serve in which ever way they can, Butler Park has shown the most eagerness to be of assistance.

"Taehyung is my tailor as well as a spy. He hears what he needs to and reports everything to me. He has eidetic memory, which helps him and I both tremendously. He is very, very skilled in the art of sewing and can get dresses done in very little time.

"Chef Kim is to overlook dinners and meals. He is also to tend to the gardens and lawns. He also makes sure there is no poison in my food if it is made from someone else's hands.

"Jeon is my personal guard and to watch over me along with Hoseok. When we are here, though, he patrols the grounds to make sure nothing is off. At night, he stands at the door and is ready to help me in case I need him since Hoseok goes to bed. I wouldn't recommend messing around with me around him. He is very alert and has been trained to kill anyone who acts towards me in a harmful way."

Marina took in all this knowledge, aweing as she realized how much work my servants did. She was under oath she wouldn't say anything. She implied it herself, swearing on her life, but I trusted she wouldn't tell a soul. I knew she was loyal and wouldn't intend to bring me harm in any way.

"Who's your favorite servant?" she questioned.

Hoseok perked up and I saw Namjoon glance in around the door. I chuckled. "Wouldn't they like to know."

She would occasionally walk away to leave me be when I took a nap. Taehyung came and told me that she had asked Butler Park what would happen if one of them told me no.

"Jimin answered with this and I quote: 'I don't know. I don't think we've ever questioned her orders before,'" Taehyung recited as he braided my hair for the night. "I think that Marina girl is a cutie." She had been sent home already since it was a quarter past eight.

"She is a dear," I murmured, tired and weak.

Taehyung grinned and tied off my braids with silk ribbons. "Sleep well, Your Highness. I miss you coming and trying on my dresses. I hope you get well quickly and return to your normal self."

Chef Kim had already came in and fed me my dinner. I told him I was fine with eating it myself, but he insisted that he fed me. "To save your energy," he said as he took the fork from my hand. He made me feel like a child.

As well as those two visiting me before they retired, Professor Min would come in and read to me the letters he wasn't sure about. After all his questions were answered, he would take his colleague's work and take it to the study to replenish with new letters. Professor Kim would tell me good night before he took Marina home and Hoseok would wait with me until he returned.

Butler Park would just stop by on his way to bed. He would wish me a fast recovery before asking if there was anything he needed to take care of before he retired. Hoseok would follow suit and close the bedroom door behind him after he blew out all the candles except one. He would reassure me that Jeon was at the door and attentive before he would leave to return in the morning.

It had been probably half an hour and I was still awake. It had been a week since Marina had been visiting and I was starting to get better. But nightmares of my mother still haunted me, and I was terrified to fall asleep because of them. I didn't want to see her sick face. I didn't want to see her frail and weak body. "Jeon," I uttered.

I heard the door creak open and a figure came through the door. I saw a flame erupt before lighting the array of candles by the door. They illuminated the face of my guard who seemed concerned. "Your Majesty?"

"Can you stay in here?" I asked quietly. "I can't sleep."

He bowed. "As you wish, Your Majesty. Would you like me to stand here?"

I motioned for him to come next to the bed. "Stand here and don't leave."

Jeon nodded and followed instructions. Once he was in position, I grabbed his hand and held it before I went off to sleep.

"Good night, Your Majesty. Sleep well."

---

the type of memory tae is the ability to remember most everything you see in great detail (photographic memory) and most everything you hear

or something like that. i'm not google