Chapter Twenty Five ~

(No one's POV)

The night fell rather quickly in Aaliyah. Queen Evangeline was sleeping peacefully and Marina had been sent home safely. Very few were awake at this hour of the night in the city just outside the royal castle. If anyone was awake, they were safe indoors, either talking with a friend or cleaning up. Everything was right in the towns scattered about in Aaliyah, but the castle was under attack.

"It seems everyone's asleep," someone whispered in the dark. They observed the quiet castle. No lights could be seen and it seemed like every bit of life inside was asleep.

"Good," another voice whispered back. "This will be easy then." The first man stuck his hand up and signaled for the rest of his troops to advance. About ten men shuffled forward quietly as they hid in the shadows of the dark.

"The queen's quarters should be on the second floor right over-"

FWOO!

The leader watched as an arrow pierced one of his soldier's eyes. Blood splattered and the guy fell to the ground with a thud.

"Where did that come from?" the assistant asked.

The leader went to tell his troops to stop, but before he could, a flurry of arrows rained down on them. They hit just about everyone, with the exception of the leader, his assistant, and one soldier.

"They can't see us," the solider gasped. "It's impossible."

But a blonde haired male on the roof just snickered. He sat down his crossbow, his supply of arrows diminished. "If only you knew."

"Just this way," a second leader instructed. Him and his troops were coming in the from the north. His soldiers moved behind him to the door that led into the castle's kitchen area. Outside was a few simple crops and a watering hole. They came up to the door in no time. The leader motioned for his assistant to open the door and he obeyed, shoving the door open carefully. They moved in and the leader lit a candle up for a little light, only to have the lights turn on. A male stood in the doorway of the kitchen, his hair pink and tidy.

"In need for a little midnight snack?" the male asked cheerfully. "I'm afraid I've closed up shop."

A soldier, very timid and afraid of being caught, threw his pocket knife at the male. The servant of the Queen didn't waver, but instead caught it. He chuckled. "Oh my. Hangry, yes?"

The soldiers gulped awaiting for some type of defensive action, and the servant caught onto that. "You shouldn't be worried about what I'm going to do. You should be worried about him."

The soldiers went to turn, but the last one that had come through the door let out a grunt. A few looked back and saw a sword impaling the man. Blood seeped from his torso, as well and his mouth. The sword was pulled out, revealing a handsome guard.

"Tsk, tsk," the guard sighed. "A little too greedy."

The soldiers panicked and the leader went to make run for the door the pink-haired servant was at. The servant merely stepped out of the way, but caught the guy's throat with the knife that had been thrown at him early. "Oh dear, don't be hasty. That'll only get you into more trouble."

Minutes later, the guard dropped two swords. Bodies were bloodied and lifeless around him. He shook his head in disapproval. "They obviously weren't taught any manners."

A lone soldier crept through the dark halls. He had found a way into the castle by himself and he was without back up. He was walking through the main hall, hugging the wall to make himself less visible. He peeked around a corner and could spot a stairwell in front of him. He knew he need to get to there, so he rounded the corner. But something pressed against his head, stopping him dead.

The silver haired male held a small pistol against the trespasser's temple. "Visiting hours are over, sir. I'm afraid you're going to have to suffer the consequences."

Queen Evangeline sat up. A loud noise disturbed her sleep. She felt odd, like something was going on. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and let her feet touch down on the floor below her. Her braided hair hung over her shoulder and her night gown flowed around her ankles as she made her way to her bedroom door. Eve opened it and went to the other door that lead out of the front room to the hallway. She wanted to make sure her guard was watching over her and that nothing was wrong. Her cold fingers found the door knob but before she could open it, it opened for her. She jumped back, startled.

"Oh, Your Highness," Yoongi stammered, keeping the door cracked. "What are you doing up?"

"I heard a loud noise," Eve answered. "Where's Jeon?"

"He had something to attend to," Yoongi replied. "A disturbance was heard on the lawns, so he went to go check it out. I was the only one awake when he called for help."

Eve's mouth formed an "o" as she thought this over. "Is that it?"

Yoongi nodded. "I advise you to go back to bed, Your Highness. It's late, and you need to be rested up for tomorrow."

Eve nodded before retreating back to her room, her bare feet softly hitting the ground as Yoongi watched her leave. When her bedroom door closed, he closed the door he was holding open before sighed. He looked at the sword he held, a body impaled on the blade. "You almost got me in trouble."

"Look what I found," an orange haired male grinned as he dragged up a soldier. The man struggled, but the servant was too strong against him.

A brown haired male smirked as he watched his colleague drag up the male. "Should we keep him for questioning?"

"I'm not sure," Hoseok responded. "I caught him trying to escape with the others. He didn't make it far."

"I can see that," Namjoon chuckled. "I think we should keep him. See what Her Majesty thinks."

"You'll never make me," the soldier grunted before punching something that lied on his hip. A poison erupted from the needle that had been stabbed in him and it quickly filled his veins. A white foam seeped from his mouth before he relaxed as he died.

Hoseok scowled, letting go of his collar. "Coward."

"You know," Namjoon stated, "they oddly sound like the servants at Desdemona. Did you catch that?"

"So did that man earlier," Hoseok added. "You don't think-"

Namjoon shook his head. "I don't think, Hoseok." Namjoon turned and walked back into the castle, the sun beginning to tip over the horizon.

"I know."

---

ooh spicy~