Chapter Twenty One ~

Since I had fallen ill, the boys made sure I got enough rest and didn't work myself relentlessly.

"No, you're staying here," Hoseok said, gently pushing me back onto the bed when he saw me getting out. He stayed at my bedside every minute while Namjoon stayed outside the cracked door, ready with the medicines Jin had. A basket sat on the floor at his feet, filled to the brim with a stack of important papers and letters. With a quill in hand and a jar of ink at his side, he had set to work and was completing as many tasks as he could. Yoongi was probably in the study downstairs, proofreading Namjoon's seemingly perfect work just in case.

Jin came in frequently to check up on me and deliver my meals. He was being careful with what I consumed, making sure I had plenty of nutrition that would help my immune system. He often times was reading through a journal that I assumed had medical notes written in it. He would flip through the pages and then pick up bottles, observing them, before placing them back down in the basket.

"Have you ever thought about asking the witches of the forest for some potions?" Jungkook had snickered one day. Jin responded with a harsh glare before going back to his bottles.

One day, Jin came in with a sad look across his face. "Your Highness, I'm afraid I am out of the herbs I was using. If it's possible, may I go to town and see if they have some in stock?"

Hoseok looked at me, waiting for me to respond. I knew where he would be heading to if he went. "On one condition," I said.

Jin nodded. "Yes, Your Highness?"

"I'm going with you."

"But you're sick!" Hoseok gasped, standing up. "What if you get in trouble in town and aren't able to come back here quickly?"

"Hush," I commanded, voice stern. "Even if that were to happen, I trust that Seokjin would get me back here no matter what, even if he has to die in the process."

Jin nodded, looking at his fellow servant to see if Hoseok still approved. Of course, my personal servant still objected. "Jin can only do so much!"

"That's why I'd bring someone else along," I stated.

Hoseok huffed, worry written all over his face. "Your Majesty, I'm just worried something could happen to you. You know how badly everyone wants to get rid of you. Don't give them the chance to make their wish come true, please!"

"Jung Hoseok, as Queen of Aaliyah, I command for you to hush up," I growled. Hoseok pursed his lips before he sank back into the chair that was beside my bed.

"So, when are we going to head out?" Jin asked.

"As soon I get ready," I answered. "Make sure Jeon is ready."

Jin bowed before exiting the room. I sighed before trying my best to get out of the bed. "Hoseok, please help. I can't seem to find my footing."

Hoseok nodded, not uttering a word as he gently grasped my arms and placed me on my feet. He made sure I was stable before letting go. I grinned softly. "You can talk now."

"I just don't want you to get hurt," he started back up. "You've done so much for us and I'd hate it if we couldn't protect you."

I smirked. "Are you forgetting that you can't die?"

Hoseok sighed. "Would you like me to send for Taehyung?" he asked, changing the subject.

"That'll be fine."

***

As expected, my carriage pulled up towards a small cabin. There was a sign in the front that told passer-byers that it was a spice shop. I placed the hat Taehyung had made on my head and hoped that it would do a good job of concealing my identity. The door to the carriage opened, revealing Professor Kim. Chef Kim and Jeon exited before I did so they could help me out.

"Is this the place you wanted to come to?" Professor Kim asked, leaning against the carriage.

"Yes, thank you," Jin replied before going to the door and cracking it open for me. I slipped my arm through and Jeon's and let him take on my weight as much as he could.

A petite girl popped out of a doorway, a bright smile present on her face. She had dark brown hair and fair skin. I kept my head down, not wanting her to see my face. "Oh, hello, madam! Is there anything in particular you're looking for?"

"Do you have anything for muscle aches?" Jin questioned.

The girl nodded. "Oh yes! Anything in particular?"

"Just something that works fast," I murmured.

The girl froze, looking me up and down. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, are you mourning?"

I smirked. Of course she would think that. I was wearing black from head to toe. "No," Jeon answered for me. "She's ill."

The girl nodded once more. "Alright. I just wanted to make sure I didn't give you anything to make your mourning worse. Come right over here."

We followed her through the different shelves, but my legs wobbled beneath me. "Are you alright?" Jeon whispered, concerned. I tried to regain my balance but my legs were obviously not strong enough. I stumbled, cursing myself under my breath. Jeon caught me instantly and my hat fell to the ground. Both Jin and the girl turned to us and I heard the girl gasp.

"You're the Queen," she uttered before dropping to the ground in a bow. "God bless you, Queen Evangeline."

"Get up, Marina," I said, regaining my composure. She looked up, her eyes wide.

"How do you know my name?" she squeaked, trembling under my gaze.

"Do you not remember how I helped your family? How your brother helped me? If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been able to be gifted with such good servants."

"Why are you here?" she wondered.

"I am ill, as my guard stated before," I replied. "However, you seem to be far more gifted than my Chef here with herbs and spices. He cooks them. He doesn't use them for medicinal purposes." Marina nodded, letting me continue. "Your brother was such a blessing to me, and I'm sorry about his passing. I have put his murderer to death, so he has been avenged. I miss him tremendously. But I was wondering if you could be of assistance such as he was."

She opened her mouth to say something but then shut it as she looked around at the many glass containers keeping the different spices safe and protected. "Your Highness, I would love to serve you but my shop-"

"It'll be taken care of, trust me," I stopped her. "I'm inviting you to my castle to help me with my sickness. You will be gifted wonderfully if you take up this offer."

She got up and drew closer to me. "My shop will be protected, right? It's all I have left, Your Highness."

"If you would like, my coach who is sitting outside could come in the morning to pick you up and then take you back here at night so you could still keep watch over it," I suggested.

She thought for a moment. Her eyes scanned the ground as she tossed the thought around in her head. After a minute or silence, she bowed. "I will take up your offer, Your Highness."

I grinned. "Then we shall discuss plans."

---

As I stated before, this is inspired after Black Butler.

Finnian = Jimin, Hoseok

Ciel = Eve

Mey Rin = Jimin, Hoseok, Jin

Bard = Namjoon, Yoongi, Jungkook

Snake = Yoongi, Jungkook

Sebastian = BTS when someone endangers Eve