Chapter Thirty Eight ~

thank you for 100k reads, cherubs <3 this book is crap but thank you thank you thank you

this chapter is almost 2k words hehe

the next chapter is too :))

---

"Before you are sentenced to die, would you like to know how exactly you ended up here?" King Phillip asked. A sword was at my neck and I was carefully taking shallow breaths to prevent cutting myself on the sharp blade. Because of this predicament, I didn't answer King Phillip. He realized that quickly and smirked. "Very well. I'm sure you'll be happy knowing who earned a hefty prize for giving you up." He stood from his throne and cleared his throat. "Do let our guests in."

A servant that been to the side bowed and walked to the end of the room behind me. I heard the door creak open and an array of heavy footsteps echoed off the light blue walls of Desdemona's throne room. I exhaled a tired sigh, closing my eyes and mentally preparing to face whoever decided to doom me. Could it be the man that had come to speak with me who had no name or origin? Could it be another ruler from a far-off land who wanted Aaliyah for themselves? I clenched my teeth. What if it was Baekhyun?

The footsteps stopped and the blade left my neck, only to move to under my chin, causing me to lift my head. "Do you not have the courage to face the ones who caused you to be here? Do you not have any words for them? Do you not want to finally answer the question as to how you could have possibly been thrown into Desdemona's dark prison?" I heard the king chuckle before he demanded me to open my eyes.

My eyelids fluttered open and I was met with a familiar group of seven. I felt my heart sink more than it already had as I made eye contact with each of my servants. I told myself not to cry, but when my eyes fell on Kim Namjoon's, I couldn't help but tear up.

"This is quite humorous," the king snickered. "Do you not want to ask them why?"

I couldn't stand to look at them any longer, so I instead looked at their hazy reflections on the marble floor. "I would rather that remain a secret – a worry that I carry to the grave; a worry that my ghost can mourn over." Being so close to death to the point where I could feel Hell's fires beneath me, I decided not to stress over anything. It was better to not care since there was no longer any time to.

The king made an amused noise. "Well, you may not want to know, but I certainly do. So, traitors of Aaliyah, what made you give your weak ruler to a kingdom that she thought was her friend."

"She's not a kind ruler," I heard Jimin remark.

"She can't take care of herself, let alone her people," Jin scoffed.

"It was said that her father so depressed over her mother's death that he used his own sword to kill himself," Taehyung stated. "However, I believe she was the reason he ended it all – it's torture being with her."

"She was dumb enough to take in criminals for servants, that's why." Yoongi's laugh then filled my ears, but it was more sinister than joyous.

"She's a murderer," Hoseok's said, his voice solemn.

"She has no sympathy for the broken," Jungkook added.

And lastly, Namjoon spoke. "She did nothing for anyone."

His words cut like a knife through me. "Thank you, Your Highness. For everything." Namjoon's words from a month ago echoed in the far corners of my mind. I choked on a sob, tears slipping out of the corners of my eyes and down my dirty face to the floor. I exhaled a whimper, feeling hopeless. There was no one in the world who would rescue me now. No one else would be sympathetic to a queen like me. I had no one left but death to save me.