The past

(Nightmare pov)
It was night I was in my room in my passive form holding a box.I opened it because I remembered what dream had told me.
     (Flashback)
I looked over my brother's shoulder and saw him holding a box "nightmare..if you or I ever become corrupted take the box with you and on this day each year open it" he told me I nodded "ok brother I will" he hugged me tightly as I hugged back.
      (Flashback over)
I opened the box to see a bunch of pictures of me,dream,and the tree but one that really hit me was when I was a little kid and dream was just a baby and I was holding him smiling.I felt a tear run down my cheek as I regretted turning my brother into stone a long time ago and then he broke out so I don't think he would be very happy with me right now.I sighed and wiped my tears away and put the box under my bed and left the room and sat down on the floor in front of the couch as I fell asleep.
        (Cross pov)
I was watching tv as nightmare came in and sat down in front of the couch falling asleep and it looked like he had been crying so I hugged him.He groaned in his sleep and then opened his eyes a little "c-cross what are y-you doing" he asked me "hugging you" I replyed he nodded slowly "but why are you hugging me" he asked again "because you looked like you have been crying" I replyed again his eyes widen and he shook his head a little "n-no I wasn't crying" I stared at him "ok" I stopped hugging him and closed my eyes humming.
        (Nightmare's pov)
I went back into my room and sat on my bed and summoned a bone and shot it at the wall "I'm bored" I whispered to myself then I heard my door open a little "nightmare you in here" I looked at the door to see the gang "yea I'm in here" I said and turned into my aggressive form as they walked in "can we go out of the corrupted land?" Cross asked I nodded "but I can't come with" I told them they nodded and left I closed my door and grabbed the box from under my bed and looked more threw it till I found a note and I read it out loud "dear brother if you have gone corrupted just look at the pictures to know who you are from your brother" I smiled after reading it dream was to childish for his own good but I knew I was to I put the box back under my bed and turned into my passive form.
      (Cross pov)
I was out of the corrupted land looking around till I saw a monster come up to me with a bone in his hand as he starred at me "Are you from the corrupted land?" He asked I nodded my head "y-yea I a-am" I was nervous as then the monster yell and saw a bunch of other monsters come as I ran back to the corrupted land and back to home as I went inside.I sighed and sat on the couch and pulled out a chocolate bar and ate it then chara popped up "can I have some" they asked I shook my head because this was my last chocolate bar they huffed and pouted.I looked away from them and closed my eyes falling asleep