Ch.1 - Pandora's Box

America had slept in that day due to being sick. The other countries didn't know why he was late and assumed it was just the American being lazy. The fact that he could have forgotten about the meeting crossed a few minds. It was decided to just have the meeting without him.

As Germany was trying to quiet people down with a calm manner (a/n - by shouting 😅) France and England had begun to fight like usual. They bumped into Spain causing him to stumble and fall on South Italy. The two of them were now on the ground with Spain on top of the Italian.

After a few harsh words from South Italy, Spain noticed something. America had left his bag under the table by his usual chair. Yesterday the American had rushed out of here after a phone call from someone. In his panicked rush he must have forgotten it. Spain grabbed the bag and got off of South Italy. (A/n - Spain was enjoying his current position with the Italian 😘) He set the bag on the table and the 'thump' sound of this action caught the other nations attention. "Is-a that America's bag-a?" North Italy asked coming over to help his pouting twin off the ground. (A/n - A certain Southern Italian seemed to like having Spain in that position 😏)
"Si, he must have left it when he ran out midway through the meeting yesterday." The Spaniard replied.

"Ohonhon, I wonder what America has inside. We should take a peek non?" France said receiving a glare from England. "Bloody Frog! It's impolite to snoop around other people personal belongings. Have some class you twit." England replied, but then looked hesitant, in a way to go through with his own words. "I think you are arr acting immature in this matter-aru. Who cares what is in stupid America's bag-aru." China said crossing his arms. "Ja, China iz right." Germany said coming over to inspect the bag closer.

The bag itself was made of expensive brown leather. It had America's flag imprinted on the bottom right corner. The handle was polished and the bag itself smelled of a mint fragrance. It looked much too nice to be something America would bring around with him. Japan sighed at the group. America had always had this bag and brought it to every meeting.

"I think we should look Da? It might be interesting to see what comrade America brings around with him. Besides it's not like it will be anything harmful, Da. It's America's bag after all." Russia said giving a dangerous smile.

Before anyone could protest Prussia popped out from behind them and grabbed the bag. Without a moment to let anyone yell at him he opened it with ease. Prussia set the bag (a/n - it's more like a briefcase 💼 ) on the table and opened it up completely.
There were a few files, three books, a key, a few pictures, a rather expensive hand gun with a silencer, a rather large silver knife, and a wooden eagle that looked to be hand carved. "Why would America carry a gun around let alone one of this caliber?" England exclaimed wide eyed at the weapon.

"Imprezzive knife..." Germany said glancing at the silver blade as Spain inspected it. "Si, it looks well kept and sharpened." The Spaniard had seen many blades and he could tell that this one had been used for far more than wood carving.

North Italy picked up the pictures and looked at them. "Who-a are these-a people with America?" His question caught the attention of Japan and China. In the pictures America seemed different and the people with him seemed seemed strange, yet familiar.

France looked at the books with interest. Two of them were horror novels. Not your light reading, but rather very dark and twisted tales that gave grown men nightmares. The third book looked to be a journal. The name on the front said Alfred.F.Jones and there was an eagle below that. France felt a cold chill run down his spine.
Russia lingered over the Frenchman and picked up the Journal.

Canada quickly grabbed the book from the Russian. "Don't go through that!" The shy Canadian exclaimed standing up to the Slavic nation. The room seemed to freeze. Due to Canada and Russia were both cold winter nations. Russia had a natural aura that scared others. Canada had an even greater aura when he got mad or serious. The two auras clashed and sent chills throughout the room.
The only other nation that could cause this much friction with Russia when provoked was Sweden.

"Ruzzia und Canada pleaze calm dovn." Germany said trying his best to defuse the two tense Arctic nations. "We will settle this in our monthly hockey match-Eh Russia." Canada said frightening a few of the other nations. "Da I look forward to it Comrade." Russia replied coldly. Although Canada was physically smaller than the Russian his physical strength was easily equal to America's. Their Hockey games were legendary. They often put the gladiators of Rome to shame.

Holding the journal close to himself Canada looked at the other nations. "You all don't understand what will happen if you read this." The Canadian exclaimed. England and France were shocked to see the shy boy so assertive. "You all are opening Pandora's box."......