Ch.6 - Family Bonds

(A/N - The picture above from left to right is Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.)

A single voice pieced through the darkness.
".....d"
"England!"
".......and"
"E......d"
"England!"
"Please....wake up..."

The voice woke the unconscious British nation from his dark slumber.

(A/N - France, the voice was France 🇫🇷 ...)

England opened his eyes slowly, blinking a few times to get adjusted to the light. Then he realized his current position. He was laying in one of the dorm rooms that they had in the meeting building and France was at his bedside. France was leaning close enough for England to catch a few familiar details.
The French nation smelled of roses and fine wine. The familiar scent was almost a comfort in itself.

England tried to sit up only to be stopped by his own dizziness. France then gently guided him to lay back down. "You used too much magic energy." France said, his voice quiet, soothing, and gentle. England then noticed that France's eyes were red as if he had been crying. His hair was messier than usual and his voice seemed a bit sore. England lifted his hand and pushed some of the messy blond hair out of France's face. "You look terrible." The British man half joked. Even in his current disorganized state the nation of love was as beautiful as ever, especially to the British nation. France smiled and chuckled a bit. "Like your one to talk." The two nations laughed and then a comfortable silence settled over the two. The air seemed to settle, and France sighed as relief filled his heart.

England shifted a bit, then spoke."How long was I unconscious? I..have too..complete...." This is when France cut him off. "Arthur....You sure can be an idiot....you've been asleep for hours. It's already morning." England's eyes widened a bit. Nations rarely used each others human names unless it was serious. England stifled his voice "Francis..." It sounded like a whisper yet, that name flowed from his tongue like a long lost desire.

The moment, was then interrupted when an irritated Scotland burst in the room. "oi fhrangach!"
(A/N - translation = hey French!")
France jumped a bit at the sound of the Scottish man yelling.
Following silently close behind Scotland were Ireland and wales. At first the three looked extremely worried. Then you could feel the relief flood the room when they saw England was awake.

(A/N - Scotland interrupted the mood 😂😅)

They rushed over and were at his side in a instant.
Ireland sighed in relief. "Yisser awake, tank goodness. Yer 'av us a gran' scare." His thick Irish accent filled the room. Scotland ruffled England's hair. "Dornt ever gang daein' 'at again. irelain cooldnae sleep knowin' uir wee brither was hurt tae thes extent." The Scot sighed and a small smile tugged his lips.

"I am sorry to have worried you all so much." England huffed, his cheeks a little flush with embarrassment. His older brothers and him had gotten closer during the past few centuries.

Wales smiled " 'oweya feelin' nigh?" England nodded to reassure his three older brothers. "I'm just a bit sore, but nothing major."

"That's to be expected. You would be a lot more sore if I had not caught you. Non?" France said making his presence known once more.

Scotland sent the French nation a warning glare. It was almost as if he was telling him to back off. The Scottish man was very protective over his kin, let alone his youngest brother.

"Where are the pages that I managed to obtain?" England asked, his head feeling a bit fuzzy. France then, reached over to the nightstand and picked up a few pages that had been torn from a book. "What good are a few pages?" France asked glancing down at the pages in his hand.

~~~~~meanwhile with Canada and the others~~~~

"D.C. are you sure your going to be ok?" Hawaii asked his sister. D.C. had been unconscious soon after she teleported in their grand escape. "Yeah I'm just a bit sore and my head feels fuzzy."

Her eyes glanced around. "Where are Canada and the twins?" D.C. asked snuggling down into the bed. Hawaii smiled and answered his sisters question. "Canada is in the next room resting. His ankle is healing faster, with him being a country and all. The twins are keeping watch around the area. We're safe for now." As he finished speaking,  D.C. yawned.

"Hey Hawaii can you call Pennsylvania and Virginia and tell them the situation?" Her voice sounded tired and her eyes began to droop.

"Sure thing Sis... England should almost be completely healed by now. We may heal faster than humans because we're states, but the rate countries can heal is always astounding." Hawaii sighed as he stood up and walked over to the door.

"Get some rest." He then turned off the lights and cracked the door once he was out of the room. D.C. soon fell asleep again. Her body wasn't nearly as healed as England's was.

Hawaii walked down the hallway and Eastern Alaska was waiting in Canada's doorway. "We need to keep the book safe. Da?" Eastern Alaska said her silver hair and purple eyes making her seem more like a certain Russian nation. Western Alaska was sitting next to Canada. Her silver hair matched her sister's, but her violet eyes were in contrast with her sisters. Purple to Violet the two Alaskan's eyes met.

"I'm sorry to cause so much trouble." Canada said meekly. The twin sighed in perfect sink almost as if they were one person. The only distinction between the two was their eyes.

Hawaii walked into the room and sat down next to Canada. The Canadian was holding the torn book. "I should have been faster..." Canada mumbled looking a bit downcast. Hawaii slapped the Canadian on the back. "Stop apologizing you did your best and that was enough." Hawaii exclaimed, laughing at the Canadian's facial expression.

The moment was interrupted when Delaware burst in the room. "Oi what ye doing up 'er?" Delaware asked. The Alaskan twins smiled at their rambunctious brother. Canada sighed a bit. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess."

(A/N - Delaware didn't ask he shouted 😅)

One thing that the nations failed to realize is England and America have more in common than they think.... they both have family bonds.