Ch.16 - The Italian States part 1

New York paced back and forth across the room mumbling in Italian.

His two sisters watched worriedly.

"Please calm-a down brother." Wisconsin pleaded.

Her words however, went unheeded.

"Maybe we-a should-a get papi." Michigan suggested to her sister.

New York then stopped in it tracks his tired light brown eyes glanced towards his sisters. This was a stressful situation and his glance made the other two states feel on edge. His eyes were shadowed from behind his glasses.

"I'm-a not going to-a meet them." His voice showed resilience in his decision.

Before his sisters could protest New York opened the door and left in a hurry. He didn't look back.

Alfred had wanted the three states to go and meet the Italian brothers.

Michigan who was related to North Italy and Wisconsin who was related to South Italy both agreed.

New York on the other hand disagreed and his stubbornness didn't help the situation.

Wisconsin and Michigan were unsure what to do. They disliked conflict in the family.

As New York walked down the hallways he let his blond hair cover his eyes and the curl on the side of his head seemed to hang unusually low. He didn't care where he was going. He just wanted to stay away from new people who would only stare.

"Elias." America's voice stopped the state immediately.

New York turned around to face his father.

"Dove stai andando?" (Where are you going?) Alfred spoke in Italian with a firm yet caring tone.

"Mi dispiace ma non posso farlo." (I'm sorry, but I can not do it.) Elias responded as he shifted uncomfortably under America's gaze.

Alfred sighed and motioned for the state to follow him.

When they reached his office, Alfred motioned for New York to sit down.

Alfred then preceded to make a phone call.

-----------
...
"Hello. Mrs First Lady this is Alfred."
...
"Yes, I am doing fine how are you?"
...
"That's wonderful."
...
"I'm calling to ask you a very important favor."
...
"I need you to take my son Elias to the store."
...
"Yes I will text you the details, but it is a sensitive matter."
...
"Really? Thank you so much."
...
"You as well."
--------
'Click'

"New York." At the mention of his name the state straightened up and met his father's gaze.

Alfred knew what the state was going through and wanted to help.
"Listen to me son, your scars are nothing to be ashamed of or something you should feel that you need to hide. However, I understand your reluctance in letting others see them. When you go with the First Lady to the store she is going to help you pick out some products to cover whatever you don't feel comfortable with. This is your choice and no matter what you choose I will always support you."