Ch.10 - The Truth Was Out

Maryland ran....

He ran until his feet gave out. "Stupid!" He harshly scolded himself for slipping up. Tears ran down his face, hidden by the rain.

"I always wanted to meet England, but not at this cost." His mind felt numb as the world spun. "I'm such an idiot!" His fist tightened and he glanced to the ground.

His heart beat hadn't even slowed back down. The thoughts of shaming his family came to mind. He couldn't think of anyone else who had messed up.

The thought of disappointing his father was unbearable.

The state was often too hard on himself when it came to these matters concerning his family.

"I have to go and see if it's as bad as I think it is....." Maryland decided to check and see if these events stirred the other nations. Perhaps if they thought he was just another micro-nation he would be safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

England stood there with wide eyes. He glanced towards Spain and then towards the doorway where his double had disappeared.

The other nations had witnessed the exchange, but Spain and England knew the boy wasn't human.

"Perhaps he is a micro-nation like Sealand." England concluded to himself. The thought seemed logical enough. However, the feeling when the boy crashed into him wasn't that of a micro-nation and wasn't that of a human.

It felt almost nostalgic. It was if he should know who that boy was. In this moment words failed to describe how England felt.

France walked up to Spain and asked what just happened. From the others point of view there had just been two Englands.

Spain explained what had transpired to the best of his ability. There was a sudden curiosity that swept the nations. The idea to pursue the look alike came to quite a few minds.

North Italy then pulled out his phone. Searching through his pictures he stopped on a photo he took of one of America's photos from the briefcase. "Ve~ isn't-a this that-a boy?"

His statement caught the other nations attention. They gathered around and there in the photo stood the boy next to America. His eyebrows were slightly thinner than England's, he looked  younger, and his hair was a tad bit longer. Nonetheless his physical features looked almost identical to the British nation.

The boy was standing next to America, with a few other people. They looked to be very diverse yet still connected. There were thirteen people in total gathered  around the American. They all looked so happy and Alfred's smile was so warm. America looked to be glowing with pure joy.

Arthur took notice of the shine in those blue eyes. Alfred's blue eyes were one thing he missed the most about the colonial days.
In the world meetings Alfred's eyes were almost faded.

"He looks so happy..." England muttered barely above his breath. France and Spain who were standing on his left and right sides were the only ones who heard him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a while and Maryland had yet to return to the main house. Massachusetts asked Georgia and Pennsylvania to go find him and see if everything was ok.

"Jou needn't vorry ze awezome me and mien awezome zidekick got zhis." Pennsylvania yelled with a face palming Georgia following him.

Maryland was never gone this long. The store wasn't that far away and he was always on time.

~~~~~~~~~

The nations decided to discuss what they should do next. There was a small restaurant in the corner of the store. It was decided that this was to be the meeting place. Sitting at the tables the various countries spoke in quiet voices.