Ch.15 - An American Tea Party

England had a terrible headache and nothing seemed to help. Even his favorite tea only seemed to badly nullify the pain.

He thought of the new information he had received. His mind wandered over the states and lingered on Alfred.

"I wonder how many are his and mine?...." Arthur shook the thought out of his head as he collected his composure.

A sudden realization cam to him like a bullet to the side. That time he fought that brunette girl something had been off about her.

"Could she have been a state?!" He exclaimed. After all the way she fought using magic reminded him of his younger self.

It was then that he remembered, the pages he had from America's journal. "Perhaps I could use that enchanting?..." Arthur thought out loud to no one in particular.

The idea was an old enchantment that Scotland had shown him once. It could reverse the damage done to an object, even if you only had a single piece it would rebuild itself.

"It's wrong to snoop....but, in the end it will be for the benefit of Alfred....Is it really right?" He struggled through an internal war.

"Bloody Hell!" Arthur screamed in frustration. His voice, however only further aggravate his pains.

It was then that there was a soft knock on his door.  The Brit wasn't expecting any guests, but he still went to at least see who was requesting his presence.

England found himself speechless when he discovered a timid Maryland and a another state he didn't recognize on his doorstep.

"I hope I'm not bothering you Mr.England." Maryland stated respectfully towards the nation.

"Not at all please, both of you come in and sit down." England responded. He was unsure why these two states were here, but at least they, seemingly, had manners.

"Some of our siblings are sick. We all were supposed to meet you in a few days, but I doubt they will be well enough to travel by then." Maryland stated the purpose for their incentive in the British nation's home.

The other State had America's hair and his eyes were a stormy gray. Those sharp eyes glanced between his brother and England. His eyes almost seemed as though they held back a stoic tendency.

"Arthur Kirkland." England extended his hand towards the State.

"Jackson .K. Jones the personification of Washington." His voice laced a ruggedness that reminded the British man of his pirate days.

Maryland looked between the two. "Mr. England umm-.." His words faltered.

"Please don't be so former Lad. It's ok to relax." England noticed the boy's uneasiness.

Everything about the state Washington reminded England of his pirate self. The sharp eyes, the underlining smirk, his superior posture, and especially the piercings on his ears. Maryland on the other hand, contrasted greatly with his timid and laid back demeanor.

"We came here to deliver the message and now we have. Let's go Arthur." Jackson spoke to Maryland. For England, the fact that he and Maryland had the same name still threw him off.

"Wait a moment. I'm going to go with you. If these states cannot travel then I shall travel." England spoke without thinking.

Jackson seemed cold towards the nation more than Maryland seemed timid. Those gray eyes glared at the Brit.

"Fine whatever it's your choice." Washington walked ahead of the two towards the front door.

"Now then lad don't call me Mr.England it's much too formal for family." The British man reassured Maryland with a kind smile.