Ch.18 - Nordic bonding time

The plane that was due to arrive at the Nordic nations home had arrived early that day. The Sub-nations claimed their baggage and everything was seemed to be done.

When the Sub-nations walked out they took in the new cold air. "Just like home ~eh?" Newfoundland said, as she smile and took a deep breath inwards. Vermont stretched a bit as he relaxed. He disliked flying in crowded airplanes.

"I guess this is it." New Hampshire commented as she looked around. "We are supposed to meet them in an hour or so. Want to go exploring?" Maine asked the others as his eyes flashed with excitement. The other states looked wary at their brother, knowing that look all too well - spelled trouble. However Newfoundland didn't seem to notice their hesitation.

"No thanks I'm going to get some fresh air." Vermont replied. "I'm going with him." New Hampshire added as the duo walked towards the open air park that was a green space in the airport.

Maine and Newfoundland set out on their 'adventure', however Newfoundland could tell Maine was just walking off some nervous energy.

"I wonder what they are like." Newfoundland spoke out loud mainly to herself, but also to Maine. "Dad talked about the other nations a lot. Whenever we had questions he always answered them, but I guess I was a bit too shy most of the time to ask." Maine responded. His eyes scanned their surroundings and he sighed softly.

Newfoundland nodded and smiled lightly. Her own father, Canada also answered any questions they asked about the other nations. However she too was always a bit too shy to ask about everything she wanted to know.

To her Denmark always remained an illusive figure in her imagination. She pictured that he was tall and Canada often said, that his hair reminded him of a pineapple. She inwardly laughed at the thought.

Sweden was also a bit of an illusive figure. Her father always said her piercing blue eyes came from the Swedish nation. She was always fond of their color and often wondered if his were really as blue as her's.

"Hey Maine lets go to that coffee house over there." Newfoundland pointed to their right.

"Sure, but remember to call me Jonathan. We aren't at home anymore." He mentioned. "Sorry." Newfoundland pouted a bit.

"It's ok Emmeline it takes some getting used to." Jonathan reassured her.

Jonathan's mind flashed back to when his father, America had spoken to them before they left the house to go to the airport.

~~~flash back~~~

"Remember not to use your nation status names. Only refer to each other by your human names in public. When your a bit older I can explain, but for now remember that, my enemies are in turn yours as well. You all might be young, but that won't matter to them." Alfred had a serious look in his eyes.

"Promise me that you three will look after each other." He looked for reassurance that they would indeed be safe.

"I promise!" Maine eagerly exclaimed.

"You can count on me dad!" New Hampshire reassured him with a large smile that mirrored his.

"Promise." Vermont stated solemnly his eyes held within them a more serious tone than his siblings held.

~~~end flash back~~~

"So I take it that I should call Vermont, Solomon and New Hampshire, Charlotte ?" Emmeline asked making sure she had everything correct.

Jonathan nodded once more as they entered the Coffee house.

Meanwhile, Vermont and New Hampshire had found a map and were currently trying to follow it to the outdoor green space.