Ch.14 - A Surprise Visitor

America walked down the hallways looking for a certain state.

"Has anyone found Hawaii yet!" He yelled wanting to know if any of  the states, who were helping him look, were successful.

All he got were answers of no in various accents.

Alfred sat down on a sofa and took off his glasses to rub his tired eyes.

Hawaii is absolutely afraid of Japan. That was a definite fact. That state paled at the mention of his name.

All the states had fears and all of them had to do with events in the past.

Alfred let out a frustrated and defeated sigh. He should have known better than to mention meeting Japan, to Hawaii.

"What am I going to do." He mumbled to himself.

It was at this moment that the doorbell rang.

"I wasn't expecting anyone." Alfred commented as he stood up and headed over to the door.

As he approached the door the temperature dropped and he felt a familiar chill.

"What do you want Russia?" He asked plainly as he open the door to reveal the winter nation.

Russia stood with a familiar smile on his face.

"I am here to see Alaska ~Da." Ivan words made Alfred's eyes slightly widen in surprise.

"Come in and follow me." Alfred responded and the Russian man nodded.

He could tell something was off with Russia. This wasn't like him at all.

As the duo reached the living room Russia took note of how elegantly decorated America's house was.
The living room itself was incredible. Each piece of furniture was suspended in air. Nothing touched the floor.

America motioned for Russia to sit and the nation complied without a word.

"Wait here I will get them." Alfred said as he turned towards the doorway.

"Them?" Ivan asked in sight surprise.

Alfred simply nodded in response and walked out to fetch the twins.

On his way he texted Canada.

-------------

Alfred - Hey bro...

Matthew - Is everything alright Alfred?

Alfred - Guess who just showed up on my doorstep.

Matthew - IDK Who?

Alfred - Russia.

Matthew - Russia!? As in Ivan the winter nation himself?

Alfred - Yep, something is definitely off. He is acting strange.

Matthew - Well what does he want?

Alfred - He said he wanted to see Alaska.

Matthew - Should I send Saskatchewan over? I think Ivan would want to meet him too.

Alfred - How is my favorite Russian/Canadian nephew doing?