Ch.5 - Who Was That Cowboy

~~~~~~~meanwhile with another state~~~~~~~~

Muffled whispers filled the street and eyes glanced to a boy walking.

"Wow he's hot."

"Wonder where he's from?"

"Would've remembered someone like that."

"Dang boy."

(A/N - 😏😘)

The boy wore a plaid shirt, rugged jeans, brown leather boots, and a signature cowboy hat on his head. His jet blue eyes followed the sidewalk with each step he took never looking up. His skin looked like the sun kissed him and his muscles looked like he worked on the land. His face had a clear and clean shave making it smooth. His mind wandered and with each set he drew deeper in thought.

"Da's asleep...
The ninja trio is up to stuff...
and D.C. is playing hero...
what an interesting day this has been.
I guess I could call Georgia or Alabama."

The boy named Texas sighed and looked up his blue eyes meeting a few other peoples glances making them blush. His eyes were like deep pools that reached down into his soul. So much past pains were held and told through those beautiful eyes of his. Perhaps that's why those eyes seemed so intact with beauty.

"I wonder what the other South states are up right now?....."

"...!"

His thoughts were interrupted when someone who was running, ran into him making him trip and fall over on top of the person.

"Im really sorry mister." A shy voice said apologetically.

Texas opened his eyes and saw he was face to face with Liechtenstein."
He quickly got off of the girl and helped her up. Tilting his hat he greeted her.
"Ya got nothin to be sorry bout. I wasn't payin attention." Texas said and added a smile to his usual blank face reassuring the girl he was ok. His seemingly rugged exterior didn't seem to bother the girl and she smiled at his words. "What is a lass like ya doin runnin round like dat?"

(A/N - Liechtenstein is so cute 😊)

Liechtenstein's smile faded and her eyes began to water up a bit. "I'm looking for my big brother. We got separated in a really big crowd. Now I can't find him anywhere and I think I'm lost."

The girls tears pulled at the Texan's heart. They reminded him of his younger siblings. "I can help ya find 'im if ya want?" He offered his eyes meeting hers.

Liechtenstein's eyes looked into his and she nodded. "I don't want to be trouble..." she started to say, but Texas interrupted. "Ya no trouble at all lass."

Liechtenstein smiled and the two began to walk side by side down the sidewalk.
The sun grew lower in the sky and the search seemed hopeless. Texas could see the tears swell up in Liechtenstein's eyes. The summer's evening air was warm and the breeze cooled them down. The fireflies started to come out and the streets started to go bare. The sun was almost completely set and now the  sky grew dark.

The wind blew harsh and storm clouds flooded the sky. Texas's hat was blown off his head and the breeze played in his blonde hair. Texas quickly caught his hat and put it back on his head. "You look like someone my big brother knows." Liechtenstein said wondering if this boy was related to Mr. America is some way.
Then it clicked.
"Your Texas aren't you?" Her words struck him like sword to the chest. "Why would you say that?" He asked not wanting to admit that was indeed who he was. "You seem different and look like Mr. America."

Texas sighed and knew he couldn't hide the truth from the girl. When two nations or states touch physically, even if it's a handshake or bumping into each other, they know the other is not a mere human.

"Can you not tell anyone 'bout me." Texas said glancing over to the young nation. Liechtenstein looked and saw the pleading look in the boy's face. "It will be our secret." She said smiling.

"How did you know I was Texas?" He asked wondering how she was able to identify which state he represented. "You seem like a cowboy, so I just assumed you were Texas and if not then one of the other southern states from Mr. America.
Texas smiled and the conversation between the two continued on like the search did as well.

~~~~~meanwhile with Switzerland~~~~~~

"Liechtenstein!"

A voice rang throughout the streets.

"Liechtenstein!"

Switzerland felt like crying. From both the frustration and worry from searching. Liechtenstein had been next to him one second and the next she was gone.

They had been on their way to the meeting and had been running late. Switzerland called Germany to tell him of the situation and to start without them.

"Liechtenstein!"

.....

"Liechtenstein!"

The streets seemed deserted so he called her country name in contrast with earlier when he was calling her human name.

"Liechtenstein!"

That's when he caught sight of her. He ran quickly and within seconds had her in a tight hug. Liechtenstein returned the hug and the two seemed relieved and extremely happy to be reunited. After the hug Switzerland glanced over to Texas. "Looks like we found ya brother." Texas said meeting the Swiss mans eyes. "He helped me when I was lost and helped me search for you." Liechtenstein said still wanting to hug her brother. "Well then you have my thanks." Switzerland said a feeling of relief and gratitude radiating off of him. Texas realizing that he had to get going fast was relieved when his phone rang.

Texas - "hello?"

[...] - "Yo Tex, New Mexico is looking for you. Something about a heat wave and some wild animal in the bathroom."

Texas - "I'll come as fast as I can I guess. Tell NM that that the creature belongs to sis and she is looking for it. It must have escaped again."

[...] - "we'll see you when you get back then. Later bro!"

Texas - "yeah later."

'Click'

Texas looked towards the two nations and smiled. "I got to go my kin need my help." Tipping his hat he said his goodbyes to the two nations and was careful not to touch Switzerland.

After Texas ran off, Switzerland glanced down at his sister and asked Liechtenstein a question. "Who was that cowboy?"