Ch.7 - The Journal Pages

France began to read what was on the pages. The handwriting was neat and clean. The neat penmanship was a rare sight to behold. "Could this really be America's handwriting?" He thought to himself.

He then cleared his throat and spoke. "England do you want me to just read the pages out loud? America has such neat handwriting it's very easy to understand."

The British nation found it hard to believe that of all the nations America had neat handwriting. He had raised the nation, however the lad never showed and talent in this area of life. "Go ahead, you might as well read whatever is on the pages." England sighed.

France cleared his throat and spoke :

Journal entry 47,
I don't want to say any of this stuff. All of the immature ideas are from my bosses. I used to believe in super heroes and stuff like that, but I never wanted to have to borrow money from other nations. I want to get stronger on my own, but the government won't just let me. They say that I am not strong enough. Their afraid I will suffer the same fate as Rome, the Aztec empire, or even the fate of my mother Native America. It hurts me that they would say and believe such things. My States and colonies are strong. I am strong. Even if I'm never seen as the hero. Perhaps being the villain in some people's eyes is enough for them, but it's not for me! Why must I use my strength like this?
~ Alfred Freedom Jones ~

The room fell silent. England's eyes began to betray his calm demeanor. A stray tear threatened to fall from those emerald orbs. He couldn't believe what he was reading. "Is this America's.....Journal?"

(A/N - If you found a Nation from Hetalia's Journal would you read it? Which Nation's journal would you want to read?)

The words written didn't seem like something the loud American would say let alone write. They seemed like something the colony he raise so long ago would say. Emotions flowed from the pages like a hidden song.

Everyone is sure to sound different when they write in something personal like a journal or diary. Alfred had written like no one would ever read his words. He wrote free and open minded.

"Should I continue?" France asked the British nation. England simply nodded his head ushering the Frenchman to keep reading.

Journal entry 48,

Congress; they want to see blood...
Politicians; they want to see hate....
In a world so insane why do they seem like I America am to blame? No other current nation can stand on the level I've obtained. Other countries tell me I'm always too full of myself; that my citizens love me more than I deserve. I think their forgetting my power and that I'm a product of the world. I've been through the bloodiest wars and come out on top for a reason....I think my sense of confidence in who I am comes from Prussia. My independent fighting spirit comes from Britain. My intensity on the battle field comes from Sweden. My capability to care and protect comes from Finland. My sense of Justice has to be from Germany. I know that my pride come from France. I wonder when they will realize it....I am hated for being a product of the world. It's because of that fact I will never fall without first raising hell.
~Alfred Freedom Jones~

That entry caused the Frenchman to lose his composure. He dropped the pages beside England and leaned back against the wall to close his eyes in thought. "I never thought Alfred was someone we all took some part in creating. Sure he acts like each of us in different ways and I have heard him speak several languages, but to be a product of the world.... I don't give the boy what credit is due to him."

Scotland, Wales, and Ireland were silent. They had underestimated the young nation and written him off as a loud foolish child.

There still were two more Journal entries left to read. England picked up the pages and continued where France left off. He then began to read what France refused to say.

Journal entry 49,

Sometimes I feel sad and alone. I'm sure it comes from the young people in my country. I can feel it when even one of their hearts break. I guess I hide it just as well as they do. Which is brilliant. The others have no clue...not even England.
They really underestimate my power calling me ignorant. They have had their moments of reality though. Like the time I was the First Nation to land someone on the moon. Their faces were priceless. I act immature for the sake of others I guess. They've forgotten things like my battle for independence where I rebelled against the top world power at the time. I'm so far gone... all I have left...I will be their hero...I just wish I could find the right words to say. When it comes down too it I guess... at least I can get them to laugh...
~Alfred Freedom Jones~

(A/N - I feel like young America was a cinnamon roll who really wanted a hug, but no one would give him one because he was alone.)

England felt like dropping the pages and ending there. What happened to the 'I'm the hero crap?' Was it all just a act? A foolish attempt to grasp at what he wished so dearly to be true.
Written off as a clown, he wanted to be the hero.... yet was only given the part of the villain. But he played the part beautifully, like a cruel symphony of anguish in a dark world.

The room was heavy with silent emotions. The five nation's hearts pulled within their chests. Such a young nation was forced to grow up so fast. In the past he would've been called an Empire for sure.

"Ay think ay owe america an apology." Scotland sighed running his hand through his ginger hair. Ireland looked over at the Scot and put a hand on his shoulder. "Agreed, oi misjudged de fella. yisser not de only wan at fault 'ere." Wales put his hand on Scotland's other shoulder and gave him a reassuring nod.

England stayed silent staring at the pages. Then something worrisome caught his eye. The dates on the top right corners of the pages. The dates were from long ago when the world meetings had first began. America was darker and colder in these passages. What if in reality he still was? What if he only hid it better?

The final passage was a recent one. "England glanced over it reading it in his head, while his brothers spoke about how they were going to apologize to Alfred.

Journal entry 50,
It's been a while since I've written in this journal. A lot has happened for all of us. The other nations don't let me present at the meetings anymore. They always tell me I'm going to speak last, then we suddenly run out of time right before I go to speak. I wish I didn't have this darn stage fright. It really sucks. Whenever I get nervous my mind wanders to all the superhero stuff my bosses used to tell me to say. I actually have always had real presentations prepared... I'm just too nervous when it comes down to sink or swim. In battle I always swim. When it comes to making friends or gaining others approval... that's when I sink.
~Alfred Freedom Jones~

"That why he always shouts that hero crap?! He's just nervous about not being accepted?" Arthur mumbled to himself. France caught what England had said and leaned over to read what the Brit was talking about.

Ireland suddenly spoke up to everyone in the room. "Oi tink we shud return de pages ter matthew."

"Ah agree he can pit them back in th' book. alfred's joornal is personal an' Ah willnae tak' part in intrudin' loch thes oan heem." Scotland said in agreement with Ireland.

Wales once again only nodded in silent agreement with his two brothers.

(A/N - quote of the day = 'nods in silent agreement' ~ Wales. 👍🏻)

England wanted to just agree, but it wasn't that easy.
"It is not going to be that easy for us." France said as if he could read England's mind. "The other nations already know England obtained pages from the book."

The five nations came to a realization. They could have a fight on their hands. All of this was because of a Journal and all they had were two of the journal's pages.