Chapter 4

NATHAN'S POV

4 hours later

Enews: This just in; The infamous gang, The Kings, are back in town. Reportedly a girl was kidnapped just 4 hours ago from her residence. Gunshots were reported just minutes before, leaving a former gang member severely injured. His identity is still unknow to the public. He was rushed towards the ICU and recovered quickly. Luckily no permanent damages were found.

I walk out of the hospital, after I was released. Okay so technically I wasn't legally released by an official doctor but same difference. I just sneaked out of my room, threw some clothes on I found in the locker room and sneaked my way out of the hospital. And in case you're wondering how I can walk after I just had major surgery - I am high on painkillers.

And I am ready to find Erin.

I pull my phone out of my back pocket as soon as I am a few streets away from the hospital. I log onto my recent calls and dial the unknown number. I wait a few moments before someone picks up

"Where is Erin?" I asked threateningly, getting straight to the point. A humourless laugh reaches my ears. "You really think it's gonna be that easy, Parker? No, no, see the deal was you don't tell anyone about what I told you. But surprise, there you go tell your precious girl everything. Now you have to deal with the consequences: You don't see her, until you come back"

I am utterly confused, "Come back where?" Another laugh is heard clearly through the speaker. "Come back to the Kings, it's where you belong" I groan. This again. I pull my fingers through my hair and sigh. Before I can say anything the voice talks again, "You do want your girl to keep her pretty body in one piece,right?" That set me off. "You keepyour filthy hands off her! Ans she's not my girl" not yet in anyways...

"We both know how you feel about her. Don't deny it. Eleven o' clock. In the alley behind the local pub." And the line goes dead. For a few minutes I just stare at the phone. My thoughts consume me and I can't help thinking that Erin might die because of me.

A few years ago, when i was only 15 years young, my family disowned me because I wasn't 'normal'. I was living on the streets and my life was going downhill. I became a thug, a thief, a murderer. I did everything I had to, to survive. I was a monster. Stealing money out of old women's purses, murdering for just a loaf of bread- I was truly a low life and I was an all time low.

But then one night I was outnumbered. A group of men, probably high and drunk off their butts, cornered me. Five to one. I knew my time had come. I had come to peace with the fact that I was going to die. But I didn't. No, instead the infamous George King came to my rescue. He took me under his protection, in return I join his uprising gang. 'Said he saw potential in me.

Up until a year ago I was his right hand man. But then I quit. And let me tell you it wasn't as easy as to just give my two weeks notice and leave. No, once you enter th gang life- there's no backing out. It's a death wish to leave a gang. Once you want out of the gang- the gang puts you out of life. It's how it is. But since then I've been on the run. But every now and then I would receive a phone call from the gang threatening me to come back. I've always dismissed it.

Until now

Now they have found me. And Erin is just collateral damage.

I can truly say I am royaly screwed.