Chapter 16

NATHAN'S POV

The tears in her eyes held nothing but sheer fear. I approached her with caution. Tears sprung to my eyes as I could feel her fear radiating off of her. "Erin... look I know you're scared right now but-" She held her hands in front of her, almost in defence. "Stay away! You're a monster! Stay back!" she warned, raising her voice with every syllable. My heart shattered for her. I shook my head, "No, Erin, I love you-" I sniffed back the tears. She looked so hurt and fragile. "I didn't mean to hurt you-I" I stopped myself. "Don't you remember me? I'm Nate-" She shook her head in confusion and her gaze dropped to the floor. I could see her struggling to understand. She then glanced back up at me and I flinched when I met her hateful glare. "No,no! You're just trying to trick me. To get into my head" She took a step back, creating some distance between us.

It hurt. To see her like this. It hurt a lot.

She took another step back, "Don't follow me" She ran away. Her figure retreated faster than I could stop her. Did she just- "How the hell did she just superspeed away?!" I gritted through my teeth, angry with them that they didn't inform me. I abruptly turned around to face Barry. I pushed him with little force, but he still stumbled a bit. "Care to tell me why the hell Erin just sped away with SUPERSPEED and effin purple lightning?!" I seethed. I felt a hand on my shoulder forcing me back. I turned my glare to Cisco. "Chill man, we didn't know 'till now" I closed my eyes in regret and took a step back, allowing Barry to  breath. I sighed, and grit my teeth. I sped away in the direction Erin was heading. I caught up to her and I could see she was tired. She isn't used to this, I reminded myself. "Erin, stop! Don't you remember me?" She eventually stops, out of breath, in front of a rundown building. I stopped a few metres in front of her. I grimaced when Barry also came to a stop next to me. "Please come back to the lab" She looked at him with an incredulous look plastered on her face. "It's personal" I said to Barry. "Fine," he sighed, and sped back to the lab.

What Nathan didn't know was that Barry put a bug on Nathan's jacket, to listen in.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?!" Erin said, exasperated. "Just cause..." I hesitated, "Because I love you" I blurted out. Her eyes widen, suddenly she looked unsure of herself. "Nate," she called out, "Help... I can't fight her anymore" she screamed. I became confused by her sudden change in mood. Suddenly, her body went rigid and her usual brown eyes turned purple.

"Erin will soon to be no more- now it's just me-"

"Lavender"

For those of you who are confused and have a wtf look on your face, basically Erin has an EXTREME case of BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) It is caused by another supernatural who basically took over her personality. :)