Chapter 18

NATHAN'S POV

3 Hours later

Erin layed in the white make-shift bed. Her heartbeat steadily sounded on the monitor Her lips were slightly parted as she breathed slow and steady. Her delicate skin reflected a pale shade. I watched her, taking in every detail of her beauty.

Her left hand twitched slightly as she awoke, "What happened?" she muttered. She moved to sit up but I stopped her, "No, no don't move too much." Barry must've heard us, becasue he sped into the room. He helped her with much caution. "You okay? Do you remember anything?" Barry hammered her with questions. I glared at him telling him to back off. She looked to be deep in thought, "Well I- oh boy" She looked nervous. "I didn't hurt anyone, did I? I didn't know what happened- who she was. I'm sorry" A stray tear escaped her fearful eyes, dripping down her rosy cheeks. I held her hand tightly and whispered reassuringly, "Shhh it's okay" After she calmed down Caitlin walked in with a smile. "Good news for once! I was able to extract the bipolar personality from your cells and since you're a speedster now, your memory will be able to reset and restore itself. You're actually going to be more than okay"

I looked at Erin and saw her eyes sparkle with happiness, "Since you're going to be a hero might as well get you a heroic name and suite?" I happily suggested.  "What about Lavender?" Barry joked with a smirk playing on his lips. I gave him a nasty glare. Erin shook her head, "No, anything but that. I don't need reminder of what happened."

"Violet, it is!" Cisco announced with a bright smile. "And I have the suit thing sorted" He points to a dressed  mannequin. "I love it," Erin gushed. I coughed a bit and playfully glared at her. Erin bit her lip and rolled her eyes, "But I love Nathan more" I smiled, satisfied with her answer. Barry laughed. "Right, we should get you guys home. Before anymore trouble arises"

We headed to the tunnel and Cisco opened a portal for us. "Let's hope everyone's okay. Let's go rebuild our earth," I said hopefully. A strange feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. We all bid our goodbyes and farewells. Erin and I waved goodbye before disappearing into the portal,

Cisco closed the portal but it started to crumble. "What's happening?" Caitlin asked worried. "The breach isn't stable. It's forming a blackhole!"

"But Nathan and Erin are still in there?!"

"We need to get them out. Otherwise they'll be sucked into a black hole and never return!" Cisco panicked. Barry made an impulsive decision and ran straight into the collapsing hole. He sees Nathan and Erin trying to dodge pieces of rubble. Erin spotted Barry, "What's going on?" The panic was evident in her voice. "The future has changed," Barry guessed. "Because the set future was meant that Lavender would destroy the world, but when Erin took control the future changed. Thus the breach isn't stable- you have to get out of here!" They all ran out. The portal closed after them.

Caitlin helped Nathan and Erin to the make-shift beds. "You should get some rest" she said softly. Caitlin gave them one last glance before leaving. Nathan took  a seat next to Erin, who was hunched over. Her figure shook lightly as tears streamed down her cheeks. Nathan put his hand on her back and rubbed small circles continuously as a sign of comfort. "It's going to be alright" he whispered in her ear. Her head snapped up and she glared at him. "NO IT'S NOT! How could you say that?! I lost everything because of you! I wanted to see my family and friends... but now, I can't" She whispered deathly before running out. 

"Erin, wait!" Nathan called after her. He ran out only to be stopped by Barry, "I'll talk to her"

"Hey" Barry said softly to Erin who sat outside. She glanced up at him, "What are we going to do? I have nothing left- and it's all HIS fault" She spit out. Barry sighed, "Look, Nathan has made some stupid mistakes but it's what makes us human- or reassure us that we still are human" Erin stares in front of her, "He's no human. He's a monster" 

Erin's eyes sparked with purple lightning,

"I'll make him pay"