Chapter 14

NATHAN'S POV

I quickly arrived on Wongstreet. A little frown wrinkles upon my face as I distinctly remember this street. It's Erin's street. Cautiously I approach the apartment building and go through the big wooden doors. The modern white texture of the furniture in the reception reflected off the golden-aligned mirrors. I approached the receptionist with weary eyes. "Hi, how can I help you?" she asked (too) cheerily, twirling a blonde strand of hair around her index-finger. "I'm here to visit my niece" I lied straight through my teeth. Sh eyed me from top to bottom, biting her lip. I almost gagged when she suggestively winked in my direction. I  put my weight on my one foot as the nervousness began to eat me alive. I was dressed in casual jeans, a Nirvana t-shirt and Nike shoes. I quickly changed my appearance before I arrived. "Her apartment number?" she broke my line of thought. "Uh-74" I answered. She gave me a key and I made my way to the elevator.

The door creaked as I pushed it open. I quietly closed it behind me and my ears perked up for any unusual sounds. I frowned as nothing seemed out of place. "Hello?" my voice echoed through the seemingly empty apartment. A chill ran through my spine as I stepped towards the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a figure sitting on the white couch, sipping on a cup of what smelled like tea. I easily identified the person as a girl- she had golden brown hair that flowed down her back, her head tilted almost as if she was in a daze. "Hello?" I called out again, catching her attention. My brows furrowed when I saw her face. Her features were identical to- "Erin?" I asked confused. "What the hell?" I muttered stepping closer to her. She gently put the tea down and stood up. "Hi, Nathan" her voice sounded strained, controlled, almost rehearsed. "Do not worry. I am not here to cause any harm or discomfort towards anybody. I've come to warn you" My frown deepened and a small scowl tugged at my lips. This was some sick joke. "Who are you?" She gave me a blank stare in return, "Your girlfriend is dangerous" Kinda ironic isn't it. I scoffed, "She's not-" She cut me off, "I'm from the future. I am her genetically modified clone" Now that I think about it, this girl's eyes are a deep shade of purple- not brown like Erin's. "I am from the year 2045. She is dangerous. She's going to eliminate all of us and you need to stop her"

My eyes turned to slits as she accused Erin of those things, "That's impossible! She's nearly dying and y-you accuse her of being a danger to us?!" She gave me a look that silenced me, "I warned you. You don't know who you can trust"

And with a blink of an eye she disappeared along with her tea- almost like she was an hologram. I took a deep breath. Whatever random stuff that was- it was a little too much. I sped back to Star Labs. What I found made my heart stop.

The place was a mess.