Chapter 9

NATHAN'S POV

"Barry, he's not gonna live much longer if we do nothing!" Caitlin hissed, "Get him out of the spe-"

"WHA- what did I miss?" my body lurched forward as I woke up, I look around the room and grin as if nothing happened. Suddenly I'm grabbed by the collar of my shirt and I'm thrown in a glass case, I hear a click indicating it's locked. I try to use my powers but nothing happens. I look at each of the people's faces in confusion. There was a guy in a red suit who I presume is the legendary Flash, then there is a guy with a cool hairstyle looking at me with an unknowing look and lastly I recieved a concerned look from a young lady who I have yet to introduce myself to.

I raise my eyebrow in question, "Is this how you greet people or..." I trailed off feeling the tension rising in the room. "I can't trust you" Flash said. I raised my hands in surrender, "Hay now, I'm not the bad guy here" The Flash scoffed, "Tell that to your earth". I frown in confusion, not following, "What do you mean?". My question is returned with a glare, "You destroyed everything when you had your little power outburst! There's nothing left- it's a wasteland... Thanks to you"

I look down at my shoes, ashamed of what I have done. I feel a little stray tear escape my eye, but I quickly wipe it away, "All those people.. dead. Because of me. She died because of me" I muttered and let out a choked sob. Apparently Flash heard me because he asked, "Who?"

"Erin..." her name felt foreign on my lips. The Flash sighed, "She's safe in another room". My head snapped up and my eyes widened, "Where?! I have to see her". "Fine, I'll let you out but don't think that this is an act of trust" he glowered. I nodded, "Thank you" I step out of the cage. The Flash holds out his hand and I took it. "Barry Allen" he greets and pulls off his mask. I almost faint then and there. "No way" I mutter under my breath. He introduced Cisco and Caitlin to me and showed me to where Erin was. She was pacing up and down but stopped when she saw me. A relieved look crossed her features and she ran towards me and enveloped me in a hug. At first I just stood there but I quickly returned the hug and let out a soft chuckle in her hair. She pulled away from the embrace. I smile as I look deeply in her eyes, "I thought I- I lost you" She giggled, "You're gonna have to try harder if you wanna get rid of me"

"Never" I smile and pull her in for a kiss.

We walk back to the headquarters of Star Labs and I am greeted by smiles and grinning faces, I chuckle nervously "What's going on?" I turn to Erin for an explanation. She shrugged and we both turned back to the team. "Well since you have nowhere to go- welcome to the team" Cisco grinned. My eyes widened and I took a step back, "No way! Are you serious?!" I asked, hyped. This has always been a dream of mine. "Yes and for legitimacy- here's your suit," Barry handed me matching red suit and then his face turned all serious, "But you'll need a nickname..."

I looked at all of them and grinned knowingly,

"Swift"