Chapter 20

NATHAN'S POV

Hours have passed and I decided to check on Erin. I walked to her bed and a small frown creased my forehead as I saw entangled white sheets but no Erin. "Erin?" I called out. When I heard no answer I began to worry. I sped to where Caitlin was busy studying some mix of elements, "Where is Erin?" I asked as my eyes frantically searched for any sign of her. "She went outside" Cailtin asked. confused at my disheveled state. "She said she needed some air and sped out, she looked pretty stressed." I glared at her. "What?" She shrugged. I tugged at the tips of my hair, "You didn't think to ask her where she was going?!" Caitlin looked taken aback by my little outburst, "Well no-I...," she sighed, "Nathan, she's a big girl. She can take care of herself. You don't need to worry too much" I clenched my jaw. She was right. Still, I sped out without pulling on my suit and went to look for Erin in the city,

I try to calm my ragged breath as I come to a stop. I have searched every building, every street and every corner. But I haven't found her anywhere. I sigh in frustration. She could be anywhere. An idea flashed through my mind and I took off towards Star City.

"Hey Oliver" I greeted the Green Arrow. "Have you seen a speedster?" Oliver gives me a weird look, "Yeah I'm looking at one" he answeres. "Are you alright man? You sound a little lost." he lets a worried look hover over his face. "Yeah I'm just looking for my girlfriend, Erin." His face lits up in recognition, "Oh she's down here," he gestures down the stairs, "And I presume you're  Nathan?" I glanced at him, surprised. "Yeah, how'd you know?" He chuckled, "Barry talks a lot" I joined in his humerous laughing. We trudged down the stairs. When my feet hit the ground, I saw Erin. A smile stretched around my face, and I let out a breath of relief. But my smile faded when she didn't return the smile.  "Stay away" she put her hands in front of her and sped away. I followed her, short on her heels.  "That was fast," Oliver commented.

I quickly catch up to her and stop her in my arms. "Why are you running?" I ask, searching her eyes. "Because I hate you! You are nothing to me. Nothing" She cries out and I see tears prickle at her eyes. I look down, letting the words sink in. "I-I understand" I choked out, not really understanding. She puts both her hands on my chest, "I don't ever want to see your face again" She hisses. She catched me by surprise when she punches me in the stomach. She then continues to punch me, and I already feel a series of bruises forming. I just stand there and take every hit. "Why won't you fight back," She screams out in desperation. I visibly wince when I shake my head, "I won't hurt you more than I already have" Tears stream down her face, mixing with beads of sweat dripping from her forehead. "Just end it. I won't stop you," I say and I go down to the ground on my knees. She advances towards me until she is right in front of me. Her hand begans to vibrate and she hovers it over my heart. I close my eyes and await my inevitble death. When an akward silence arises and the moment doesn't come, I open my eyes. A look of hesitation crosses her face. "I love you" I say to her, and I meant every word.That seemed to get her attention as she took  a deep breath and stepped away. Her hand stops and she reaches out to me. I take her hand and she helps me to my feet. I crash her into a hug while she repeatedly cries, "I'm sorry" I smile down at her, "It's okay. Let's go home"

"Cisco?" I call out. No answer reaches my ears. The Lab looks disserted. "Caitlin? Barry?" Still no answer. I look at Erin and she just shrugs. Where are the guys?