Chapter 24

NATHAN'S POV

We end up in a abandoned parkinglot of some convenient store. I stopped a few feet from RS. "Where are you from?" I ask staring him down. He sniggered, "Of all the questions you could've asked, you ask that?" He pouts his face in disbelief, "My, my, I would've hoped my dobbelganger would be smarter than that." I send him a hard glare, "I'm not so sorry to disappoint," I remarked. "Why are you oding this?" His face lit up and a smirk rose on his lips, "That's just the unspken rule- Dobbelgangers try everything in their power to make the other as miserable as possible. It's quite fun to be honest" He laughed. Before I had time to react he me pushed against the concrete ground, pinning me down, before landing speed punches across my face. I heard a nauseating crack as my nose broke. I winced and tried to block his attacks but my attempts were futile. My eyesight was getting hazy and my head spinned. I was ready to block out when he stopped. I took this chance to regain my energy and control my breathing. I then stood up as he watched me intently. I then did the only thing I thought of and punched him back. His face snapped the other way, he the laughed? My face contorted into a look of pure confusion. "Oh Nate, when will you ever learn-" I winced as he called me by my nickname, "Who's boss?" He then stormed at me and fazed his hand in my chest and ripeed my heart out. I fell a step back and gasped in shock. He then took ahold of me and sped away.

ERIN'S POV

I was talking to Barry in the lab, when suddenly Reverse Swift appeared in front of us with a bloody and bruised Nathan in his hands. "And now you can watch him in his last weak moments. Enjoy!"

Everyone stood still. No one dared to move. And for that one moment I felt the world had also come to a stop. For that one moment I wished that I was normal again. Without a care in the world, without drama and without death. I wished to return back to my normal life before... all of this. But that moment quickly disappeared into thin air and I was sucked back into reality. My eyes falshed with anger and I sped out of Starlabs.

Reverse Swift laughed at the pathetic scene in front of him, "Looks like your team isn't as flashy as you thought." He lifted his hand and it began to vibrate, ready to strike for death. Cisco stood helplessly as he watched his best friend quiver in pain.

Erin burst through the dooes and sped towards Reverse Swift, she fazed through him. He slowly looks up in surprise and drops to the ground. Nathan drop beside him and groans. Cisco rushed towards his friend and let out a small smile, "That artificial heart did come in handy hay" Nathan only manages to look at Cisco in relief. Cisco helps him towards the medical wing. Before they leave Barry stops Cisco, "What's gonna happen to him?"

Cisco looks at Nathan and sighs, "I managed to built in a small duplicate heart just under his real one, in case of emergencies he'll have a few more hours to live. I did the same to you. All I have to do now is hack the Hospital and order a new heart and in a few hours I'll get our special doctor to preform a heart transplant and in a few days he'll be good as new" Barry nodded and let them leave. He glanced towards Erin who sat slouched in front of Reverse Swift's body.

He noticed that her eyes were glazed over and though she was staring at the ground her thoughts were far away. He knew what she thought of herself now. And he was going to make sure that she doesn't lose herself in regret and selfhatred, like he once did.