Chapter 8

NATHAN'S POV

I felt like I was choking when I woke up, my vision was blurry, a dull pain pounded through my skull, and my limbs were aching like no tomorrow. I let out a soft groan of pain. I waited until my vision cleared to register my surroundings. I came to a conclusion that I was standing in the living room of a house. But the setting seemed so familiar to me. The paintings... the furniture... the carpet- I was standing in Erin's living room. But why?

"Where am I" I asked, my question was left hanging in the air. "Nathan" I heard my name being called by a voice that could make an angel jealous. I turned around to notice a girl standing in the door of the living room. Not just any girl- Erin.

"Why are we here? Where are we?" I asked, my mind burning with a thousand questions. The smile spreading on her face left me even more confused. "There's no 'we'. It's only you" She declared. I let my confused state be portrayed on my face.

"You're in the speedforce"

I pinched myself on the arm, making sure I was not dreaming. "Why am I here? I'm not a speedster-" "Not yet" she interjected. I let out a frustrated sigh as I couldnt't handle the pain any longer and I couldn't wrap my head around the situation I found myself in. "What do you mean" my tone was getting edgier by the second. Erin only let a smirk cloak her face, "Just catch that guy" and then she chuckled as I felt a gust of air blow before me. I sighed annoyed, but started my trek to catch this anonymous guy.

*Meanwhile in starlabs*

BARRY'S POV

"Barry" Caitlin called my attention. "I just stabilised Nathan. He was in cardiac arrest. He is still in a coma but his brain activity according to the charts are through the roof. He's not responding to any of the prescribed medicine.I think he's stuck in the speedforce" she concluded. I looked at her like she just said that Spongebob is actually not square but rather rectangular. "Why would he- why are you telling me this?" I asked her. She blinked, "You have to help him" my eyebrows rose in intimidation. "I don't have to do anything" She gave me a questioning glance. "Didn't we have this conversation a while ago?" I gave her a blank look, "No. It doesn't work that way. I can't. He has to do it himself. He can do it on his own he's strong enough. He has to be" I said letting a bit of hope lace my tone.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

The crime alert sounded through the headquarters. I supersped to the HQ and checked out the alert. I tense as I saw the Reverse flash and Black flash grinning at the security cameras.

"Long time no see, Flash" Reverse Flash's scratchy voice sounded through the microphone.

"What do you want?!" I growled. I cringed as a maniacal laugh sounded from RF, "We heard there's a new speedster in town- just wanted to give him a nice, sweet warm welcome" he said sarcasm covering his act. "And we just wanted to make sure he doesn't take our place"

I grew agitated, "You don't have a place here!" and with that I sped towards where they stood and went on a wild goose chase, trying to catch them through the city. Reverse Flash somehow gets ahold of me. I received a few good punches. I was then thrown into a wall by Black Flash. I layed helplessly on the ground, writhing in pain. I was lifted off the ground by RF, "Looks like someone needs a little speed" he smirked.

Red appeared in my line of vision and I got a taste of newfound energy. I lashed out on those two and punched them. I'm sure I heard a crack-

"Barry? Barry! What are you doing?! Bar-"

I looked around and saw a concerned looking Caitlin- I was back in Star Labs. I followed her gaze towards my now bleeding hand. Oh. So that was the cracking sound. "You had another  hallucination?" she asked, in return I just nodded. It felt so real...

An alerted Cisco ran towards us, "We need you" he said his voice shaking in distress. We follow him until we reach the medical wing, in which Nathan's suited. A distressed looking Erin was pacing back and forth chewing at her nails as she glances every now and then at Nathan.

He lays motionless on the table but the most horrifying sound was heard.

Silence.

His heartmonitor flatlined.