Chapter 26

NATHAN'S POV

"I've been in the mood for some killing"

She shoots an icicle in my direction, I wasn't expecting it, and it hit me right in my thigh. I groaned in agony while Cisco cursed under his breath. "Look I know you're not in your right mind but you'll pay for this!" He creates a breach and disappears in it before reappearing right behind her. He tackled her, while she struggled against him, he managed to get  upper hand. He pushed her against the wall and shot her with his powers. She was knocked unconscious. I managed to get up and limped towards where he was standing with an unconscious Caitlin in his arms. He breached us back to our earth.

My leg was healing quite quickly and Caitlin was fortunately back to her old self. A few hours passed by and no one has heard anything from Barry even less from Erin. I was getting more anxious about her whereabouts by the minute. I was pacing back and forth in the lab when I felt lightheaded. I walked towards the desk and gripped the edge to keep myself from collapsing to the ground. What the hell is happening to me?

CISCO'S POV

"Nate?!" I shouted through the halls searching for him. "Where are y-" I cut myself off when I found Nathan unconscious on the floor. I rushed towards his body and knelt down feeling his pulse. It's slowing down and fading fast. "Caitlin!" I cried out and a few moments later she came rushing in, "Why are you shout- Oh my!" Her eyes widened when she saw Nathan's unconscious state. I helped her carrying him to the medical wing where she hooked him up to the machines and heartrate monitor. She stabilized him but still looked at me with worry in her eyes, "His brainactivity is a bit lower than normal and he's not responding to the light or shock."

I looked at her, "Which means..." I gestured with my hand for her to continue. She bit her lip, "If he doesn't wake up in the next two hours he is comatose."

Half an hour later Barry came waltzing in. "Where were you?" I stared at him. "Out," was his casual comeback. "You can't possibly-" I was cut off by a distressed looking Erin. "Why didn't you tell me he was hurt?!" I gave her a look of disbelief. "Wait, who is hurt?" Barry asked clueless. Santa. I rolled my eyes, "Nathan" Erin and I replied at the same time. Not that you care, you'd be happy if he died and reincarnated as a horse. I scolded myself for saying that about Barry. "Are you kidding me?! You were MIA for the last couple of hours but yet we are supposed to tell you everything that happens around here?!" "YES!" She shouted at me. "Fine, we went to find Killer Frost. She found us. She almost killed Nathan. He's alive. So am I. Now there may be a chance that the icicle she shot hit an artery of some sort. And he won't wake up. But again- I'm FINE, thanks for asking" I could see her mind spinning as she processed this new found information. "You went without me?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper but laced with rage. "Yes because you were looking all depressed and we thought it'll be better to leave you be."

"He's in a coma and I can't do anything about it!" She said. Is she bipolar? "There must be a way to prevent him from slipping away."

"There may be a way," I pitched up, "But we kinda need Killer Frost to do it.." I trailed off, my voice fading away. Erin glared at me, "Are you serious right now? The woman who tried to kill him might be the only one who can save him? Not a chance. We need to find another way." 

"There is." Barry's voice sounded. Both our heads turn to look at him, anticipating his answer. "I can faze the icicle out of him - it would be painful though" His voice laced with hesitation and fake concern. Of course then you would be happy to do it. Erin looks like she's thinking it through before answering, "Do it."

"AAHHHH!" Nathan's screams fill the hallway as Barry fazes through him. Moments later the silence fill the air as he passed out from pain. I sigh and continue with my work on the computer.

ERIN'S POV

I walk past Barry on my way to go see how Nathan is doing. It's been a couple of hours since Barry took the icicle out of him. I stop him by the arm, "Hey, thanks a  lot for what you did back there, it uh- means a lot." He smiles, a genuine smile, "Anything for you," he then pulls me in for a hug. I pull away slightly and he leans down-

The alarm sounded through the hallway. I pull away from him and stare at him in awkward silence. What the hell did he just do?