Chapter 28

NATHAN'S POV

"Tonight, we're going out," I announce to Erin. She looks at me confused, "Going out to where?" Gosh, she's adorable. "Sorta a date," I say to her and give her a smile. She grins. "Be ready at six."

I look at my watch and notice it's 18:03. When I look up I almost choke on my own saliva. There stood the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Erin looked beyond gorgeous, even though she's just wearing a pair of mom jeans, a cropped red top and a cardigan, with some sneakers. "You okay right there, Nate?" She asked with a smirk.  "Just fine," I answered and lead her to the door.

"This is delicious!" Erin moaned, which made me clench my jaw. She was stuffing her mouth full of pizza. I took her to the fair just outside of town and now just before midnight we were eating at Domino's. I chuckled. "You alright?" She momentarily looked at me before continuing devouring the pizza slice. "Very alright," She drawled out. I smiled at her. I was definitely in love with the girl right in front of me.

We returned back to Starlabs. Erin yawned, "You're that tired?" I asked jokingly. She just gave me a slight glare before rubbing her eyes while trying to cover another yawn.  I see Cisco with a cup of coffee, monitoring the screens like usual. Barry was probably meant to be keeping him company, but he was watching Teen Wolf instead. Typical. "Where's my bro?" I asked with a smirk. " You mean Jason," Barry said not taking his eyes off the screen, "He took off. He said something about not being able to stay here." My smirk faded and I just nodded slowly. I heard another yawn from Erin and looked at her, "Let's go to bed." She nodded and we headed to our rooms.

I was awoken by the piercing sound of an alarm going off in the headquarters. I groaned half-asleep, and jumped out of bed. I stepped out of my room as did Erin. She looked at me and her eyes begged me to just turn the alarm off. Sluggishly we both headed to the headquarters, not caring that she was wearing a very revealing pajama short with the Starlabs hoodie and I wore just some gray sweatpants. "Rise and shine guys!" Cisco said just as awake. "Suit up," Barry said, and I wondered if he needed any sleep seeing as he was seated in the same place as I last saw him. "You and Erin can handle this one, I'm gonna get some rest," he added. I nodded, but looked at Erin as she pratically cringed at the thought of having to do anything but sleep.

"What's the problem?" I ask Cisco. "It looks like your friend, Jason has caused some trouble at the Crivial Shopping Centre down south." I grit my teeth, regretting letting Jason out of my sight. "Erin you can stay back, I don't want you getting hurt and you're clearly sleep deprived." I said, my eyes pleading her not to argue. She looked lost, "What? NO! Why?!" I sighed, knowing she doesn't know I said, "Please- I love you too much to see you die." She looked confused, "What do you mean; I'm not gonna die. I mean come on, it's just Jason throwing a little fit." I clenched my jaw and looked at Barry for help. He nodded, understanding what I have to do and in a second I have my suit on and before Erin can get her clothes she is held back by Barry. "What hey! Watch it buddy boy-" Before she could struggle further I left.

I come face to face with Jason. He's in a candy store, creating chaos. He's still clothed in his dark hoodie, only difference is now he has black wings emerging from his back. "Jason, man, what're you doing?" I cautiously asked. He smirks, "Dude, ever since we were little I've dreamt of having power. Of not being the poor, ugly kid who lives on the wrong side of town. And now, I have more power than I could even fathom. And I certainly will not let you get in the way of me." He growls. Then as fast as lightning his mood changes and he laughs, "You really like her don't you? Well who can blame you? She's quite the work," He tsks, "Too bad when I'm done with you she'll be begging me for mercy."

Something inside me snapped, no longer did I see my best friend. I saw a monster, greedy for power. And I hated it. "You stay the hell away from her." I say, "Look I don't wanna fight you, just leave town." Jason laughs, "This is my town now, buddy" I cringe as he says buddy. He stomps towards me, and it takes every bit of courage to not take a step back. "If you do this," I warn, "You'll lose everything." "See that's where we differ from one another, Nathan. I. DON'T. CARE!" He slams me into the ground and lands a strong punch to my stomach.

I wake up, feeling dizzy. I feel nauseous and drained of energy. My eyes open and I wish I could close them again, but I stare straight in the eyes of a mortified looking Erin. We are still in the shopping centre, but I'm laying against the wall, helplessly as I watch Jason holding Erin by the arm. I see a blood stain forming on the right side of her abdomen, pouring into the hoodie. She looks hopeless at me, with tears streaming down her face. Her hoodie was ripped showing a lot more skin than I would like and I could see bruises already forming on her legs and arms. She opened her mouth but no sound came out and I realised an irritating buzzing sound was rising in my ears. Jason bent his head down towards her level, as she was easily five inches shorter than him. It looked like he was kissing her. That son of a bird! She pulled away and said something to him, shaking her head frantically. And in the next few seconds my world ended.

I screamed so hard it felt my lungs were going to collapse. I stared at the ground where Erin's body layed. A puddle of blood forming under her lifeless form. I cried out begging for my body to move, but I couldn't. I could not even bare to glance at Jason who stood menacingly over her body with her bloodied heart in his hand, "Till we see again, friend."

And then he was gone.

Oh gosh!! This chapter is the longest I've written. A total of 1122 words!