Chapter 11

NATHAN'S POV

"What?!" I screamed, fuming. I stalked towards Cisco and pushed him into the wall, my fingers curling around his neck, as I put some pressure on my hand. I mustered up my best glare, my eyes boring into his. "You promised me that she'll be safe with you! You promised." I put emphasis on each word that I spat out. Cisco flinched as he continued clawing at my arm, trying to force me off and allow him some sort of relief. Just before he would pass out from the lack of oxygen, I was pulled off of Cisco by two strong arms that belonged to Barry. He stood in front of me, blocking my view of Cisco but I knew Caitlin went to his aid. "Look, dude, we're all responsible for the safety of Erin and we're all going to do everything we can to get her back. But we're not going to achieve anything by acting up" Barry told me, his voice not wavering- not asking but demanding. I clenched my teeth but nodded, agreeing non the less.

I ran out of Star Labs, but it didn't take me long before I stood outside. I looked around me, confused. Did I just superspeed? I ran forward, and again in a matter of seconds I was about 200 feet from my starting point. I clenched my fists and clenched my jaw and ran in the direction of the city. I just needed some time to cool off.

*BACK AT STAR LABS*

Barry watched as Nathan ran out of Star Labs. He sighed and looked at Caitlin who was back sitting in one of the computer chairs. "Track her down using the drug we gave her. Any traces of abnormal activity of the drug she must be leaving." He ordered her and she started typing right away. He looked at Cisco who rubbed his neck, "You okay?" Barry asked, worry lacing his words. Cisco just nodded and left the HQ room. "Found her" Caitlin announced proudly as she smiled and looked at Barry. Nathan then returned speeding into Star Labs. Caitlin looked at him in shock. She blinked before asking Nathan, "Did you just..." she trailed off in utter shock. Her lack of words made Nathan grin, "I know right". Barry stared sceptically at Nathan but didn't say a word. "Where is she?" Nathan asked Caitlin, his face turning serious again. "On the roof?" Caitlin answered, but it sounded more like a question as she was unsure about her statement herself. "What?" Barry muttered confused, the gears in his head turning. They searched the roof of Star Labs and didn't find her at all. How come she suddenly appeared?

Barry and Nathan sped to the roof of Star Labs. They searched every corner of every centimetre of the roof but found no sign of Erin. Barry came back with an utterly lost expression painted on his face while Nathan ran his hand through his hair, letting out a frustrated sigh. "What the hell?! She isn't here." he stated into his earpiece, which he seemed to never have taken off.

Cisco returned to the HQ room and began typing furiously on the computer. Caitlin gave him a worried glance, but decided that he's a big guy and he can take care of himself. Besides she wanted to give him some space to cool off, thus she just continued working. Suddenly the computers shut down and Caitlin and Cisco were staring at black screens. The lights flickered before giving in leaving them without a power source.

Barry and Nathan watched from the roof as the whole city turned black. The whole city just collapsed, and went to sleep without taking another breath. Barry pressed into his ear to contact Cailtin, "What's going on?" Barry asked into his comm but he gets no answer in return.

It was official.

Central City is experiencing a blackout.