Chapter 7

Erin'S POV 

The thunder boomed above us. The dreading feeling was looming over my hunched figure as my tears spilled over my cheek and dripped onto Nathan's lifeless chest. My breath was ragged as I heaved through my swelling lungs. My heart was barely beating as my stomack turned in haunting swirls.

My eyes diverted to a growing energy  just above our heads. It opened wider and wider, almost swallowing the air, gripping at the seams of the atmosphere, forcing itself bigger. I couldn't help but freeze on the spot and stare as this portal launched itself into existence, posing as a threat to me and Nathan.

As I lost myself in this paranormal scenery, I felt a slight pull in my chest. The physical attraction pulled me in, almost defying gravity. I snapped out of my fantasy, and tried to grab something but the force of the portal lifted both Nathan and I's bodies into the air, pulling us into the eye and soul of the energy source.

I felt my energy leave my body all at once and the sudden lack of energy caused my eyes to droop and I was sucked into a swirl of darkness.

I forced my eyelids open and blinked a few times until all my senses were focused on my surroundings. I was on a metal make-shift bed and my body was entangled between white sheets. To my left the constant annoying beeping sound reminded me of a heart monitor and an IV stuck in my vein, connected to a drip; which I thought was unnecesarry and so I ripped it out. I winced as a little droplet of blood made its way to the surface of my skin. I noticed on my right that there was a table full of equipment. Goosebumps rised on my skin as a whoosh of air moved past me. I looked around but saw no windows, much less open windows, thus my confusion grew more when a sudden noise sounded in front of me, at the foot of my bed.

It wasn't a noise, but a voice. This voice belonged to a young man standing a full 5'11'', in a dark red suit with a white and gold emblem with a golden lightning bolt right through the middle. His face was covered by a mask.

No way.

No way is this who I think it is.

No way that The Flash is standing right in front of me in all his glory.

No way this is real.

I didn't realise that he was talking until my eyes travelled to his lips which was moving rapidly.

"-are you even listening?!" came his annoyed tone. I just blinked at him, my face blank, which I guess was more than enough answer for him.

He sighed, "Who or what are you?" he asked slowly as if talking to a child. "I can ask you the same" I muttered to myself, but he must have super hearing too as he gave me a funny look, "What do you mean? I'm the flash" he said in a tone that may have came off as arrogant, but I chose to dismiss it. I raised my eyebrow in question and scoffed, "No way! The Flash is just a myth- a legend" He just returned a smirk and commented, "Nope, in the flesh"

Suddenly I remember something, more like someone- "Where's Nathan?" I asked, concern clearly evidend in my tone. Still holding his never ending smirk he rolled his eyes, "Your dorky friend? Yeah he's with Caitlin," he nodded his head to the door, "he took quite a beating"

My eyes widened in alarm, "Don't worry he'll be fine" he assured me. Before I could pester him with any more questions he dissapeared in a flash. Pun intended.

*one hour later*

BARRY'S POV

I heard my name being called by a feminine voice, so I quickly rushed to Caitlin. She looks agitated and I give her a questionable look, "Barry we have a problem" she whispers for some unknown reason. I kept quiet and she took it as a sighn to continue, "He's a metahuman. But not just any kind- he's some sort of speedster hybrid. They are extremely rare likie the chance of them being created his like one to five million. They're not just born into existence! And according to his vibration speed, they're from eart 11" she ranted. A feeling of stress began to bubble in the pit of my stomach as I took all this information in. "Caitlin you know they can't stay here." I warned her. "But he needs help, Barry" she hissed, "His cells aren;t regenerating fast enough- something's wrong and if we don't help him he'll evaporate out of existence"

I shrugged, "You know what happened on earth 11 because of him, and you know his true capability. Now just finish him off" Clearly she wasn't happy with my statement as she gave me a distasteful glare, "What is wrong with you?! What if it was you laying on that table? You would've wanted help. We help people!" she argued putting emphasis on 'we'.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance, "Finish with him, or I will" I threatened as I sped off. I know I was out of line but I needed to protect my city.

From people like him.