Chapter 31

ERIN'S POV

"Oh"

I take a step to follow Nathan, but a hand grips around my arm, "Don't Erin. You're hurt and he'll say something you'll both regret." Barry warns. I sigh and think over my next actions. I release his grip and stalk after Nathan.

"Nathan!" I call after him. "Don't follow me!" He shouts behind him, not looking my way. I walk a little faster to catch up to him, but my injured body makes it hard for me to even walk this fast, making me wonder how Nathan could possibly walk this fast. "I want to be alone. Go find Caitlin. I'm going to find my best friend!"

"Nathan stop!" My desperate voice calls to him, my lungs aching for me to stop and lay down. "Why do you want to save him so bad?! He isn't going to change and he'll only drag you down with him. For Heaven's sake he killed me!" I helplessly throw my arms up in the air. "I understand that you care for him and that you spent your childhood with him, but he isn't the same little boy who played soccer with you in the street. But you're risking not only your life but everyone out there's too!" I slow down motioning behind me. He slows down but doesn't stop. "Or is it that you don't care that he killed me?! You just want to save your fricken best bastard of a friend?!" I cry out helplessly. He was draining every single drop of hope out of me. Please just turn back and tell me you love me.

"You know what Erin. I DON'T care that you died. You know why? 'Cause I never loved you! And I think it's time that I go do what's best for me. We're over." He says and struts away, leaving me and my broken heart alone.

NATHAN'S POV

I glare at the wall in front of me. My fists clench and I punch the wall with every ounce of energy I have left. A satisfactory crack sounded. I clenched my jaw and turned around walking to a stack of wooden crates. I crouch behind it, peeking out just as Jason enters the warehouse. 

"How far are you?" An unfamiliar voice sounded. "Everything is going according to plan. Erin is still as oblivious as the whole team, I made sure of that," Jason says, his back turned to me. To whom is he speaking? What is he talking about?

"Good. And how much can you get?" The voice asks. "If I have her, as much as we want."

"Don't mess this up."

I turn around with my back against the crates. What the hell is Jason planning? I take out my phone and unlock it. I go to Erin's contact and my finger hovers over her number. I shouldn't have- I click on her message and start typing: "You were right... I'm sorr-"

"Always loved eavesdropping didn't you?" A familiar voice asked but it sent chills through my spine. I look up into the glaring eyes of Jason. "Jaso-"

He punches me across the face and my phone flies through the air, clattering on the ground. I groan in pain. My body wasn't physically ready for this kind of abuse.

I feel a pinch in my arm and I look to my right arm to see a needle sticking out of it. "What the he-" Jason extracts my blood and punches me in the nose. I groan. What did I ever do to deserve this pain? Oh. Right...

"This won't happen again. Understood?" Jason demands. I weakly nod. He's gone in a matter of seconds. I sigh and try to get up only to lose my balance and fall against the crates.

I crawl out of the warehouse entrance and press into my earpiece. I look around and notice it's already dark. "Cisco I need your help."

JASON'S POV

"So everytime you get 20 milliletres of his blood in your system you get two percent of his speed?" Creed asks. "Right, but uh I don't know how this will affect my body..." He nods but I know he doesn't really care. As long as he gets what he wants. And he wants her.

NATHAN'S POV

"So he basically beat you up again?" Cisco asks as we drive back to Starlabs. I press the icepack against my cheek and groan, "Yes. Now stop talking and drive." Cisco whistles lowly, "Man's got his peroid again." I roll my eyes and reach into my pocket for my phone. I pat my pockets down in search for it. I left it at... oh.