Chapter 22

NATHAN'S POV

The air seemed to be sucked out of my lungs. I opened my mouth to scream my heart out like in those romantic movies, maybe like the Titanic. Instead I stood there looking like a gobbling fish. I stumbled forward, closer to the edge, expecting to see her lifeless body sprawled beneath. But my eyes swirled in a hopeless search in the waters of the river.

I gasp as a bird suddenly sweeps up before my eyes, making me lose my balance and stumble backwards. My eyes follow the creature as it swiftly drifts in the sky. It then hovers above my head and and suddenly plummets to the ground. It lands in front of me, daring me to look into its eyes. I did. My eyes bore into the familiar hazel eyes I fell in love with. I embrace Erin in a tight hug and whisper in her ear, "Don't ever do that again."

She  gave me a guilty smile, "Sorry, recently I've been feeling dizzy and blacking out and waking up in strange places. I figured it must be some side effect of a new ability I've unlocked so... I just wanted to test it. I'm sorry if I scared you, you too Ollie." She glanced at Oliver who just nodded with a dazed look in his eyes. He saluted us and climbed on his motorbike and drove away, leaving a cloud of dust as evidence.

I acknowledge her newly added white wings. She truly looked like an angel sent from above. My eyes then found hers.

"Let's go open a breach"

Sorry guys for short chapter, I'm on vacation but I'll update very soon. XXX