A friend for all season

When life is awesome; 'Best wishes' here and 'Congratulations' there... 'great job' and 'cheers!' after... it's so easy to make friends. and when you celebrate, hundreds of people may come uninvited. (I exaggerate. Yup! But you get the point). It's so easy to show off when life is rainbows and unicorns.

But when life gets awful, who you gonna call? No one. Who you gonna share this dreadful moment?

People oftentimes  isolate themselve when things went downhill. Instead of asking for help from closest friends, we pretend to be ok. Believing that is not something to be shared.

You cannot send invitation saying; I would like to invite you in my house to pray with me and share this burden. Right? That's not usual. Especially from a once successful man.

But who cares? True friends do care. And he/she liked that idea. You don't even need to make invitation, they will invite themselves.

In Proverbs 27: 17; it says,  as iron sharpens irons, so a friend sharpens friend. Meaning, a friend is not just about being there, but being there saying the right words even if it hurts, and showing the right path even if it's hard.

Friendship is not always about having partners in crime, or someone who can help you when you need a favor. It is to show off that two are better than one, if one falls down, the other will help him up. Ecc  4:9-10

It won't be easy, as what the bible says in Jeremiah; beware of your friends.. every friend is a slanderer... friends deceive friends and no one speak the truth. But Jesus said, you are His friend, if you follow his command. And his command is: love each other as I have loved you. (John 15: 14, 9)

Jesus called his enemies friends.
It means that, if none of your friends can't do this, do it yourself, be a friend who will lead friends to righteousness and will share them their burdens even if they aren't deserve it.

And as for you, who need a friend like that, you know you already had. Don't be afraid to open up and share them your problems, anxieties, depression etc. They know that you can't be strong always. That's what they here for but you gotta trust them first.

People in your church, your best friend, mentor, leader etc.. call them, chat them and ask for prayers, I know they would be willing to help you. Take courage my friend! And remind yourself that God can be our friend and he's more than enough.

Romans 12: 15
When others are happy, be happy with them. If they are sad share their sorrows.

Do not just make friends, make true friends, who would stick with you through thick and thin, and whom you can share both your life's greatest and tough life moments. Who will lift your spirit up when your down. And be a friend for all season. It'll make life a lot easier. I promise.

71517