Sorry

Sorry seems to be the hardest word.
Do you agree?

Do you know that sorry were mentioned two times only in the Bible. One in old testament and one in new testament.

The first one is in Exodus 2:6, wherein the princess saw a basket in a river with a crying baby Moses inside of it. She felt sorry for the Hebrew baby. The baby could be killed due to the command that the King had made; Kill the Hebrew babies if they are male.

The second time it was mentioned is in 2 Corinthians 7:9. Paul wrote to the Corinthians to rebuild his relationship with them after his first letter that caused Corinthians much confusion and quarrel.

The verse stated;
9. Yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you become sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any ways by us. 

The aforementioned was used to describe a depressing situation. While the other one had proven that even if we don't admit our mistakes or say sorry, something within us will push us to say sorry (feel sorry) and the more we contain it, the more it wants to get out, and brougnt sorrow deep within us.

Even if sorry seems to be the hardest word to utter. We still cannot escape the sorrow we may felt for not admitting our mistakes. The guilt we kept within brought sorrow that in the end will bring us to repentance.

This is how God designed our hearts. We are meant to live in TRUTH and not in PRETENSION or VANITY. By nature, we are all conceited and selfish but the feeling of guilt is made to remind us that the God who made us all is HUMBLE and MEEK. His deepest sorrow of seeing us suffered brought Him to calvary and brings salvation.

When you're feeling guilty right now, whether it's because of your attitude towards your parents, spouse, workmates, people around you or maybe you been sinning and felt guilty, know that it is God saying, "my child it's time to repent and humble yourself before me".

2 Corinthians 7:10
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret but wordly sorrow brings death.

Matt. 23:12
For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Psalm 29:5
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His ways.

1.28.18