Part 12

I spun around, my moving hand catching Y/N's waist to keep her behind me, protected. Just as I suspected, a male vampire stood atop the stone barrier opposite to us, wheezing as saliva dripped down his parted lips. My mind was racing, my hart pounding. How did it get in? Was there a tear in the circle? Is it just him, or are there more? I don't have time to think. The creature jumped off the store, a deadly snarl escaping its throat as it approached with it's fangs bared. This triggered me to pull out my gun, the panic creating me to make a huge mistake. Every built will miss, even with the best aim. It will dodge, jump and float in the air, making it impossible to do any damage. I grunted in frustration, then got startled as an unexpected, bright glow shone onto the vampire. It shrieked and hissed, shielding it's eyes, affected by the sudden light. I peered over my shoulder to see Y/N, holding her hands holding a small, cross charming attached to a silver chain around her neck like mine. Her eyes were closed and she was mumbling a blessing under her breath, conjuring up the sun like stream on the night crawler. It was dazed, and hissing. I seen this as an opportunity to rase my gun, my eyes flickering my eyes back onto the defenseless creature. I fired the weapon, directly in the heart, the bullet went. The silver melded together done its job, causing the vampire to fall and writhe around for a mere matter of seconds before going still. Dead. I sighed with relief, lowering my gun. The light behind me disappeared, and the mumbling was hushed. I turned around to Y/N. "Thanks." I said, rubbing my temples. She nodded, her face serious for once. "No problem. How'd you think it got in?" I looked over my shoulder at the fallen creature, then back at Y/N with a sigh. "I don't know, really." But I do know one thing. The skills I just witnessed from Y/N, has given me an idea for the next exam....

Blood lustOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara