Chapter 3

*Patrick's P.O.V*

"Jonny, why?" I whined.

"Because it's for the team." He answers.

The whole team is going out to a fancy restaurant tonight, and Jonny's making us all wear suits. We're probably all going to come back drunk off our asses anyways. But not me. I'm not getting drunk again.

"The wives and girlfriends are coming too, right?" Alex asks.

"Yeah." Jonathan says, a hand going around her waist. Alex looks up at Jonathan, and his eyes travel to her lips.

"Oh, get a room." I say.

Alex blushes, and Jonny just shrugs.

I retreat to my room, feeling like a third wheel. I've been reading little lion's book, and it's surprisingly good.

The first poem was about old people i think.

**

(Poem)

Old wrinkled hands,

You are what I need.

Where do we stand,

But never, at the price of greed.

Where we were forever,

Never seperating love

Fifty years together,

With no distance to shove.

**

Wow. I don't exactly know what it means, but it's interesting. I like reading this. I'm addicted, reading on and on.

Just then, Alex appears in the doorway. "You're actually reading that thing?"

"It's interesting." I shrug.

"Alright. We're leaving soon, though. You better change."

"Okay." I say, closing the book.

I pick out a black suit, and black slacks. I put on a grey tie, and my dress shoes.

"Looking good." Jonathan laughs as i walk out.

He wears something similar to me, and Alex wears a flowy summer dress.

We arrive to the fancy place, but it seems to be decorated for a party. It says "Happy Sweet 16 Marissa!" And people were putting up streamers and balloons.

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" I ask Jonny.

"Yeah, we're in this room." Jonathan points to the room next to the sweet 16 one.

I walk into the smaller room, and notice that everyone's already here. Sharpie and his family are playing with some toys, and the rest were just mingling.

"Hey Kaner!" Corey yelled at me from across the room.

"Crow." I grinned, slapping his back.

"There's a sweet sixteen next door. You know what that means? Hot girls." Crow winked.

I smiled, but i knew i wasn't going home with one of them tonight.

"What do you have here?" Crow fingered the book in my hands.

"It's addicting." I say, holding up the love poems.

"You softy." Crow smirked, "now come next door with me." He dragged me by the arm.

We walked in next door, and they were still setting up. There were two girls, and two guys.

"Happy sweet sixteen!" Corey walked in shouting.