Chapter 49

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

Dinner was amazing. I didn't know that Patrick could cook, and I secretly guess that he had help from Alex... but its the thought that counts.

"You make me happy." I say to him.

We're sitting on the couch, his arm around me. I'm snuggled in with him, and we're alone, just the two of us.

"Good." He laughs, and i laugh along with him.

Oh, i feel crazy again. I feel like i can do anything, be anything.

"Lyla." He suddenly whispers, and I realize just how close he is.

"Mhmm?" I tilt my neck back, letting his lips graze my throat.

"I love you." His voice is deep and gravelly.

"I love you too." I say with a soft intake of a breath, my body traumatized by what Patrick's making me feel.

He begins to kiss my jaw now, moving closer and closer to my lips. It seems like i forget to breathe, and I lay back.

When i realize he's on top of me, my heart quickens.

A pang of guilt hits me when i realize that nothing's going to happen. Who wants to have sex with a blind girl?

But he keeps at it. He kisses me everywhere, from my eyelids to me jaw. Then ever so slowly, he travels downward. He lifts up my shirt, exposing my flat belly. I've lost some weight in Dublin, the medicine and surgeries were tough. He gives me butterflies as his lips flutter along my belly. I gasp, and he places his hands on my hips.

"No." I sit up, realizing what he's about to do.

"You want me to stop?" His arms are on either side of me, the muscles propping his body over mine.

"You don't want to...have sex with a blind person..." i trail off, closing my eyes.

"You don't know what I want, Lyles. The only thing i want right now is you."

He kisses me, taking my breath away. It almost feels literal, and i have to break apart to gasp for air.

"You're what I want." He says again.

I nod, and we make our way to his room.

**

I wake up, bare naked. Patrick's arms are tightly locked around me, as he spoons me. I slowly unwrap his arms, careful not to wake him.

I can't see, so i carefully take each step. I trip over something clothy on the floor, and end up sprawled on the carpet, face first.

Then, lights flood the room. I didn't realize the racket I've made.

"Sorry." I mumble embarrassed, "I just tripped over this thing, whatever it is."

I point to the ground, and Patrick starts laughing. That's when i realize I'm naked, and he probably is too.

"Patrick Timothy Kane, get me my clothes!" I cross my arms across my chest.

I can't even drool over his incredibly hot body parts because i can't see. He can see me, but i can't see him. It's not fair!

"Here." Patrick appears behind me, his bare hands touching my back. He kisses me softly on the shoulder, and I shiver at his touch.

"Thanks." My voice sounds breathy, and he chuckles softly.

I slip on the stuff he's given me, and I'm a bit disappointed it's not his shirt. That only happens in movies, he's given me a tank top. I'm wearing a pair of his loose sweat shorts though.

"You know what you tripped over?" Patrick asks pressing me against his warm, shirtless skin. For all i know, he could still be naked.

"What?" I ask grinning.

"My boxers." He laughs, and i turn beet red.

"Did not." I protest, feeling my ears get hot as well.

"But you did." Patrick squeezes my sides, and i yelp jumping out of his reach.

I wish i could see that smile, that hair, those lips. I wish i could touch him, but in fear of not seeing where he is, i don't.

I want to see his eyes.

With a sigh, i head back to bed. I hear Patrick behind me, but he senses my uneasiness.

It can go from playful to sad with us.

A/N: "No one wants to have sex with a blind girl."